Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI for Fidelity Cardholders

tag
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

FYI for Fidelity Cardholders

Have you received your new Elan Fidelity Visa card yet? I have, and I have also setup online acess for it. However, I noticed that the account there is showing a balance of $0.00, even though the balance on my FIA Fidelity AmEx is a looooot more than that. So I was trying to figure out who I should make my payment to this month, since the balance has not transferred over from FIA to Elan. I called FIA. My payment due date with them is July 20th. They said I need to pay them this month, and then pay Elan next month, because the account balances/payments will be transferred over on July 22nd. They also said the FIA AmEx/Visa cards will be deactivated on July 26th. Hopefully this will clear up the confusion for others in this situation. 

In addition, I have not made any charges with the new Elan Visa yet. Has anyone else? Did the new charges post to the Elan account or the FIA account for you? 

Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

Re: FYI for Fidelity Cardholders

^^^
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 2 of 8
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing this information. I've yet to receive my card, but in the mail yesterday came the terms for my new Visa account. The credit line remained the same (15K) & the available I'm going to "assume" transfers to the new card once I activate it. They sent an email a couple of weeks ago that the card was in the mailing process.

SisterGirl
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine came in a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly, it comes with documents that instruct you on where and how to make your payments..
Message 4 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

The Elan rep I spoke to said you can use either card as they're both still active until July 20(something). She said put all your charges on the one card you choose.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

July 26 is the official conversion date
Message 6 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

Received mine serveral weeks ago.  I set up online access and noticed the CLs were identical to my Fid Amex with an available credit less outstanding charges on the old card.  Seems like a smooth and seamless transition.

Message 7 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I rec'd mine on the 22nd, activated it and hae been using ONLY the Visa version. Two days ago my AmEx version statement cut and I paid it in full. I've also been paying the Visa version off weekly, which is my habit on all of my cards, both cards show 00.00 balance right now but my reward points only show on the AmEx version. I assume on July 22nds everything will merge, but until then my usage will be 100% on the new card only.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.