Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Barclays Recon

tag
Commandolam
New Contributor

Failed Barclays Recon

I applied for the Sallie Mae World Mastercard a week or so ago and was declined, which I expected.  But I also expected to get approved for the platinum version which I heard has the same rewards minus World Mastercard benefits.

So today I called their credit analyst number for a recon for the Platinum version (or is it a new application entirely?) and was declined there as well.  The dude had saw no real problems on my credit report or with my current cards and their balances, but noted the fact that I had recently applied for several cards within a 2 week period which was a concern.  He also wanted to see some history on the new cards and recommended 12 months.  I guess Barclays is AAoA sensitive.

I had a question for you guys.  Are Barclays recons hard pulls? And should I try reconning again if it's not?

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Failed Barclays Recon

They use the same pull for 30 days. After that, they use another HP because you are essentially filling out another app, even if you call.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 2 of 4
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

Yup they did the same to me. They denied me for to many inquiries! Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
IWOL
Established Contributor

I reconed with Barclays this morning and I was also denied. The CSR mentioned nothing about doing another hard pull, but I got an alert form my Experian monitoring a few hours later that I had a new hard pull from Barclays.

When the CSR asked me questions I had my TU report in front of me to make sure I  answered all her questions accuratly. Well, I guess she was loking at my EX report an dI was answering based on my TU report so I understand why they declined because I had very few INQ on TU but 12 on my EX.

CSR never mentioned anything about looking at my EX report, just came back after putting me on hold and said they were declining for too many recent inquiries and too many new accounts in the past 6 months.

From everything I read on here about Barclays recon, I never expected them to do another hard pull at all, nevermind pulling EX. Im pissed that they did not let me know. Had I known they were gonna pull again on EX, i would have declined to recon.

Lesson learned.....make sure to ask CSR if they are going to do another hard pull before going through a recon.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.