Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Round of Applications?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Failed Round of Applications?

Congrats on your Discover. That is one card I could not get approved for so far. I think I'll wait couple of years and then apply for it again.
Message 11 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Failed Round of Applications?

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask a quick question though -- I always thought that Discover was at the low-end of prime cards. The 5% cashback is nice and yeah, it's a great CL, but I'm surprised by everyone's congratulations on the new card. Are Discover cards hard to get? Do they not typically give out CLs like that? Was the big overall CL bump the big win here?

Assuming your Discover approval was for a genuine DFS product (More, Open Road, Motiva, etc.) and not co-branded (HSBC): 

1) Discover is a card for those with very good to excellent level credit, Generally approvals require a 690+ FICO score (but not credit perfection - they will work with old, resolved baddies and sometimes lower scores), and

2) Discover is fairly stingy on CL's. A $5K opening CL pretty far above average.

Nice job!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.