Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed recon for higher initial CL w/ BoA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed recon for higher initial CL w/ BoA

They said that b/c of my settled Honda Repo from 6 years ago that they were only able to initially approve me for $1k.  I said that my DTI is 8% & I don't have anything else since that 6 years ago, not even a 30 day late, but he didn't care.  Seems a bit stingy to me.  He wouldn't consider that or my decent income.  I asked if they had an auto CLI after 6 months and he said no.  He said I could call back later at any time but it's a HP always.  I really don't feel like using this card at all.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Failed recon for higher initial CL w/ BoA

@Anonymous wrote:

They said that b/c of my settled Honda Repo from 6 years ago that they were only able to initially approve me for $1k.  I said that my DTI is 8% & I don't have anything else since that 6 years ago, not even a 30 day late, but he didn't care.  Seems a bit stingy to me.  He wouldn't consider that or my decent income.  I asked if they had an auto CLI after 6 months and he said no.  He said I could call back later at any time but it's a HP always.  I really don't feel like using this card at all.

Is this your first BoA card?  Don't dismiss it, show them 6 months of dependable use and request CLI to $10k

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's my first.  OK I'll try to give them my money.  I just feel like I'd rather give my 4 other higher CL cards my money since they weren't so stingy with me.

Message 3 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it's my first.  OK I'll try to give them my money.  I just feel like I'd rather give my 4 other higher CL cards my money since they weren't so stingy with me.

I felt the same way back when Discover gave me $5k and BoA wouldn't budge from $2.5k.  Three years later, Discover is still $5k and I have over $40k available from BoA.  I'm glad I stuck with them.

Message 4 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this your first BoA card?  Don't dismiss it, show them 6 months of dependable use and request CLI to $10k

+1

Message 5 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

went from 10k-18k in 3 months of have a boa card
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 6 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I feel your pain. Though did get a booby prize for recon
Message 7 of 9
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
went from 10k-18k in 3 months of have a boa card

What was your UTIL at the time of cli request to go from 10K to 18K?  

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 8 of 9
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BOA or rather FIA uses the same HP for 30 days, I would wait a week or two and try a different rep, they will use the same HP and you can try your case with someone else, I have learned on this forum that it sure doesnt hurt to try and even when they still say no, try again! BOA after having only 9 months with them went from $5000 to $14000! I would stick with them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.