tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: Failed to close Barclay card and move limit

@Callandra wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Yeah, I'll call on Monday.  Prior to calling Barclays today, I was on the phone with the USPS for over an hour trying to find a lost package.  And they were not helpful at all.

So I have had my fill of CSR's for the weekend!

USPS are useless, someone forwarded our mail to the Long Beach address and when I called and told them we didn't do it they said well just redo the forwarding again. I'm like **bleep** I just said it's fraudulant and they wouldn't do anything until we redid the paperwork. The we asked who did the forwarding and they said they couldn't tell us. Like really? It was don'e online and they said they don't have that information. USELESS!!!

Yeah they are very very useless!

They attempted to deliver the package on Wednesday.  Got a missed delivery notice.  I went online and went through the whole process to have them hold it at the post office for me to pick up.

Thursday they attempt to redeliver again.  I figure "oh maybe my online request didn't register yet".

Friday no attempt to deliver, so I figure it's waiting at the post office for me.

This morning (Saturday) I go to pick it up.  They don't have it.  They say stuff along the lines of "MAYBE it's out for redelivery" and "MAYBE it's been returned to sender".  I'm like "You're giving me a lot of MAYBES but there's a tracking number, you guys scan this stuff as it moves through your system right?  Can't you tell em where it is?"

Their answer "It doesn't work like that".  GAH!!!

So I leave, and I call, and after almsot an hour they basically say "We'll cal you if we find it".  HA!  Thanks.  So much for tracking numbers.

Wait, you actually got someone on the phone at USPS??? HOW???? Inquiring minds need to know! Everytime I call the main line, I cannot get a person to save my life and don't even mention calling one of the local branches...just some voicemail saying to call back later. 

And don't even start me on USPS. We got sent a package from the UK (this was for work) and it was sent International Tracked & Signed. The mailman (woman) left it in our box without having anyone sign for it. (And to top it off, the package was ripped open and the contents stolen) I went and complained at the local post office and was told there's nothing they can do about stolen merchandise (sender has to file a claim) and when I pointed out that it was supposed to be signed for, the response I received was, "well, the labels are different..." Yes, the labels are different but Royal Mail's label clearly stated Tracked & Signed in English!!! 

hahhahaa....yeah...I think I just kept saying "CUSTOMER SERVICE" into the voice thing until it worked.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 21 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Berk wrote:

Then I stand corrected. As I stated in my reply - "That is what I was told." Glad they don't limit it to the same "family." I was told that since Apple was a branded card I could only transfer the limit to another branded card. It made sense to me at the time and the Apple card was a waste so I didn't argue.

@Berk,

No biggie... Some of the CSRs are ridiculous at these credit card companies when it comes to giving out the right information.

Aint that the truth. this woman at citi was just acting like i was asking her for a personal loan. as if the money belonged to her herself. Damn. but in the end. she had to give it up. credit report is outstanding and no blemishes. and a model customer with spend and excellent payments. but damn did i get frustrated.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed my Juniper and moved the limit to my Sallie Mae. It was quite painless and simple. But I was dealing with a credit analyst, not a front line drone.

Message 23 of 25
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Yeah, I'll call on Monday.  Prior to calling Barclays today, I was on the phone with the USPS for over an hour trying to find a lost package.  And they were not helpful at all.

So I have had my fill of CSR's for the weekend!

USPS are useless, someone forwarded our mail to the Long Beach address and when I called and told them we didn't do it they said well just redo the forwarding again. I'm like **bleep** I just said it's fraudulant and they wouldn't do anything until we redid the paperwork. The we asked who did the forwarding and they said they couldn't tell us. Like really? It was don'e online and they said they don't have that information. USELESS!!!

Yeah they are very very useless!

They attempted to deliver the package on Wednesday.  Got a missed delivery notice.  I went online and went through the whole process to have them hold it at the post office for me to pick up.

Thursday they attempt to redeliver again.  I figure "oh maybe my online request didn't register yet".

Friday no attempt to deliver, so I figure it's waiting at the post office for me.

This morning (Saturday) I go to pick it up.  They don't have it.  They say stuff along the lines of "MAYBE it's out for redelivery" and "MAYBE it's been returned to sender".  I'm like "You're giving me a lot of MAYBES but there's a tracking number, you guys scan this stuff as it moves through your system right?  Can't you tell em where it is?"

Their answer "It doesn't work like that".  GAH!!!

So I leave, and I call, and after almsot an hour they basically say "We'll cal you if we find it".  HA!  Thanks.  So much for tracking numbers.

Wait, you actually got someone on the phone at USPS??? HOW???? Inquiring minds need to know! Everytime I call the main line, I cannot get a person to save my life and don't even mention calling one of the local branches...just some voicemail saying to call back later. 

And don't even start me on USPS. We got sent a package from the UK (this was for work) and it was sent International Tracked & Signed. The mailman (woman) left it in our box without having anyone sign for it. (And to top it off, the package was ripped open and the contents stolen) I went and complained at the local post office and was told there's nothing they can do about stolen merchandise (sender has to file a claim) and when I pointed out that it was supposed to be signed for, the response I received was, "well, the labels are different..." Yes, the labels are different but Royal Mail's label clearly stated Tracked & Signed in English!!! 

hahhahaa....yeah...I think I just kept saying "CUSTOMER SERVICE" into the voice thing until it worked.

lol, that works. I once did that with Verizon and after saying "Customer Service" about 15 times, I finally got a person.

To OP: call this number - Barlcays: 866-408-4064 -- I called that number to move my Rewards limit to my Sallie Mae and had no problem. Spoke to a nice gentleman and it took all about 5 minutes. I think it's a M-F 8-5 number though. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just press 0 until I get a live person. If it hangs up, I try another number and repeat.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.