Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Credit: Surprised by Cap1 Starting Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fair Credit: Surprised by Cap1 Starting Limit

Congrats on such high starting CLs! Responsible card handling and time will only allow them to grow Smiley Happy. Then you can apply for a Venture card that has been recently giving some great CLs.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea. When I checked Cap One prequal webpage, they offered the Venture One w/16.99% APR no AF and the Venture w/17.99% APR and the $59.00 AF. I almost chose the Venture One because of the lower APR, but than I said "what do I care about the 1% difference. I never carry a balance anyway, and if I was too, I have an SDFCU at 6.9% APR and a Slate w/0% for 16 month's", so I went with the 2% rewards instead.
Message 12 of 16
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i find it weird they gave you a QS AND a platinum lol. seems kinda strange to me.

My mom was preapproved for both and she got both at the same time, same pull and her credit sucks lol 

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores in my Sig are the same as when I applied last month. Venture 1 10K, QS1 3K

They dont use fico 8, which was to my advantage.

Message 14 of 16
delaney1
Established Contributor

Congrats! I got the Quicjsilver last month and they gave me $5000 to start with a score of 648. I'm pretty sure they used an old score, but whatever . I'll take it!

Message 15 of 16
parkbuilder
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approvals. I have both the Platinum and Quicksilver and both were in credit steps program. I received $500 on platinum and $1000 on Quicksilver after fifth statement.

Starting Score: TU 649 EX 632 EQ 603(6/15)
Current Score: TU 664 EX 666 EQ 637 (9/15)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.