Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fairmont Product Change options

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fairmont Product Change options

It already updated online to reflect my new Freedom card... don't think Chase probably cares I explain what I am trying to do each time and the executive line is not phased at all by it... yeah if I was eligible to get the CSR via regular application I would have applied haha.... 

Message 31 of 38
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Below is the Chase answer for PC CSP to regular Sapphire.  It is positive.  I'm asking to see if I can downgrade it to Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.

I would like to inform you that the option to downgrade
your Chase Sapphire Preferred account to a regular Chase
Sapphire Visa Signature card is available. No Annual Fee
for this product. Earn 1 point for every $1 on all
purchases and an additional 1 point for every $1 spent on
dining - when you use your card at restaurants. No caps on
the amount of points earned. Bonus/Promotional offers may
have a maximum accumulation. No expiration on points.
Product includes a 3% foreign transaction fee for any
transactions made in a currency other than U.S. Dollars,
which may include internet sites based outside of the
United States.

Some additional information about product change is listed
below:

- Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) will not change.
- 16 digit card number or account number will not change.
- The access line on your account will be unaffected.
- New product will not qualify for sign up bonus offer.
- Account open date or credit reports will not be impacted
due to this change.
- Current reward points balance will transfer to the new
product.

Message 32 of 38
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Personal data point:

I product changed CSP (from Fairmont) into regular Sapphire. And then the next day product changed it into a freedom unlimited. 

I have also seen several data points of people directly product changing it into Freedom or Freedom unlimited.

Message 33 of 38
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@csryang wrote:

Personal data point:

I product changed CSP (from Fairmont) into regular Sapphire. And then the next day product changed it into a freedom unlimited. 

I have also seen several data points of people directly product changing it into Freedom or Freedom unlimited.

Off the phone with the rep.  They can downgrade to regular Sapphire right away.  But they will have to wait for at least one whole year before they can chagne it to other product, such as Freedom etc.

This is fine wtih me.  I'll just PC it to Freedom in a couple of months.  No need to push further.

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@csryang wrote:

Personal data point:

Off the phone with the rep.  They can downgrade to regular Sapphire right away.  But they will have to wait for at least one whole year before they can chagne it to other product, such as Freedom etc.

This is fine wtih me.  I'll just PC it to Freedom in a couple of months.  No need to push further.

You should be able to call again and ask for a PC again. That is what I had to do. 

Message 35 of 38
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I'll do that now.  After I get the new card, I'll try to see if they can PC it again.

Message 36 of 38
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

We changed the CSP to regular Sapphire.  Then we changed the regular Saphire to Freedom Unlimited.  Not allowed to change to regular Freedom.  Does not matter since we already have two other regular Freedom card.  Just want to get out of the Sapphire system since we already have the CSR.  Maybe we can qualify for CSP bonus again after 1-2 years.

The new FU will be kept for its credit line $28,000, and for general use.

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

We changed the CSP to regular Sapphire.  Then we changed the regular Saphire to Freedom Unlimited.  Not allowed to change to regular Freedom.  Does not matter since we already have two other regular Freedom card.  Just want to get out of the Sapphire system since we already have the CSR.  Maybe we can qualify for CSP bonus again after 1-2 years.

The new FU will be kept for its credit line $28,000, and for general use.

Glad to hear Bronze, very strange that the PC seems to be YMMV depending on who you get. I'm glad I was able to get my first freedom at least Smiley Happy 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.