Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False High Balance at CRA

tag
Koffee
Valued Member

False High Balance at CRA

Hi all,

I am so irritated with Tribute mastercard. I have a CL of 1050.00. They are reporting my High balance as 1061.65 from December of 2007. To anyone looking at my Credit Report it looks as though I've been over the limit.  Not True. I PIF every month. I went shoping the day after Thanksgiving and charge up about $700.00 when I got paid on the 30th I PIF.  Went shopping the second week of Dec. and charged up $361.00.
My closing balance for the month of Dec. on the 23rd was $361.00, which I paid on the 30th.
At no time was my balance $1061.65, but Tribute says that is the high balance and they will not change it. AND they cannot give me an increase at this time.

I've been with them for 3 years always on time and 90% of the time I've PIF.
Will this effect me applying for other CC.
7/12/08: TU-602, Eq-597, Exp-581

07/24/08: TU-610, Eq-597, Exp-583

09/01/08: TU-610, Eq-614, Exp-600
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: False High Balance at CRA

it's not hurting your scores since this just shows what you had been at but not what you are currently at. My high balance on my Bof A is $761 or something and my cl is $500 but my reported balance is only 323 or something.

High balance just shows the most you have ever charged on the card in one month.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well under manual review, doesn't it appear as though you've one over your limit?  That's not a good thing.

Creditaddict wrote:
it's not hurting your scores since this just shows what you had been at but not what you are currently at. My high balance on my Bof A is $761 or something and my cl is $500 but my reported balance is only 323 or something.

High balance just shows the most you have ever charged on the card in one month.

I put well over 2x my limit through my chase card and doesn't report how much I charged the whole month on as my high balance. It actually lists the highest balance I've had on the card since opening...
Same with my others, but I push the most through Chase which is why I used it as the example.
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes I agree with not seeing that on any of your accounts.
this BofA is the first I have ever seen that
current balance
high balance
credit line
payment

but what gets counted in util is current balance vs. credit line not high balance.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh you are right, for purposes of scoring it won't hurt, but for manual review I think it looks icky.
I will have to keep this in mind with BofA since my card is now rewards and I tend to take advantage of reward cards by pushing a lot through and PIF multiple times a month...Thanks for the info!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.