Did you mean: 

Fandango banned me!?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fandango banned me!?!?

@northface28 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Not fraud. It wasn't fraud. They just couldn't provide the service I paid for....to see the movie

Fandango is in control of the weather? I dont understand. I think they did provide the service, but you being unable to make to the film is out of their control. 

He shouldn't have to pay for a movie when the theater closed.  If he missed on its own I would agree with you but that wasn't the case.

Message 11 of 20
northface28
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Not fraud. It wasn't fraud. They just couldn't provide the service I paid for....to see the movie

Fandango is in control of the weather? I dont understand. I think they did provide the service, but you being unable to make to the film is out of their control. 

He shouldn't have to pay for a movie when the theater closed.  If he missed on its own I would agree with you but that wasn't the case.

I disagree, I think he should. Obviously, so does Fandango. Does Fandango have any way of knowing if the theater was closed? Maybe the theater could have issued him a voucher?

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to contact the movie. They said fandango issued the ticket and they were aware of the weather closing
Message 13 of 20
northface28
Established Contributor

Is there anything in the T&C about refunds? Id assume not as its a promo type thing.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope.
I'm gonna try my other visa sig next Friday. We see movies all the time so it was a great offer. But oh well. It sucks. Just wanted to let other people know it can happen.

Fandango now has where you can cancel your showing for free. This did not used to exist. If it did it would of solved my problem
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Nope.
I'm gonna try my other visa sig next Friday. We see movies all the time so it was a great offer. But oh well. It sucks. Just wanted to let other people know it can happen.

Fandango now has where you can cancel your showing for free. This did not used to exist. If it did it would of solved my problem

They have provisions for refunds and exchanges so I'm not sure why they wouldn't do that for a movie theater closing 

Message 16 of 20
northface28
Established Contributor

Thanks. If I ever use this, ill make sure its clear sailing. Is this offer only once a month?

BK Discharged 9/11

Message 17 of 20
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

Thanks. If I ever use this, ill make sure its clear sailing. Is this offer only once a month?

Once...per Visa Signature card Smiley Wink

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heh....

I guess the next time I get my meds and get an empty bottle I should pay for that. I love these threads. Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 20
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Stuff like this isn't super uncommon.  PSN (PlayStation Network) bans accounts completely for charge backs, even if charges are obviously fraudulent.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.