Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fashion Bug reporting question

tag
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Fashion Bug reporting question

My mom has a Fashion Bug/Lane Bryant card that was issued by Spirit of America National Bank...In January the account moved to World Financial Network or something along those lines and I've noticed that since then her credit report doesn't have the new account. Her report shows the account closed/transferred to another lender and shows a 0 balance. I have confirmed the account is still open and they even raised the credit limit upon transferring to the new bank. Anyone else have this issue? There is nothing reporting from the new bank on any of the three bureaus....also, does anyone know if they will report the original open date or would it be Jan 2010 when the new bank took over? I'm trying to help my mom build her credit back up from a BK in 5/2009 and this is really frustrating because she is missing out on the positive history from this account which isnt helping her score much.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fashion Bug reporting question

No clue about the card, but I didn't know Fashion Bug was around anymore. I haven't seen one of those stores since  even before Clothestime was the place to shop.

Message 2 of 8
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I don't know much about them since I'm a guy and don't shop at those places but they are everywhere here in Ohio

Message 3 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

our account hasn't shown up again yet either.  but i know it will, because we had it when it was FIRST wfnnb, & then spirit of america, & now wfnnb again.

what i did is make a purchase, that way they are forced to report it.  they usually will not update if there is a 0 balance.  wfnnb is notorious for this.

yes, it will show up with your original open date, because it's the same account.

Message 4 of 8
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

OK cool thanks a lot! I was wondering if the zero balance had anything to do with it.

Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Hey I noticed the same thing on my SO's accounts. As of this past reporting month it is back to reporting on Equifax. Not on Experian. I will find out in a couple of weeks about TU when she receives a hard copy report in the mail.

Message 6 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

As of this morning it is still not reporting on Experian. The old closed account is though.

Message 7 of 8
lisac
Regular Contributor

my cr says transfered too. last act. 1/2010.  i used it last week, paid it this week. see if it updates. its my oldest account opened 1995.  and smallest credit limit $850.00, only because i got a cli of $200 when they changed.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.