Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fav card to pay with?

tag
mab6311
New Contributor

Fav card to pay with?

What is your fav card to pull out of your wallet and to pay with? And why?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Fav card to pay with?

our palliadum card or the CSP because its amazing how many people use the mythical scale with their hands and then ask how do you get one of these! oh the stories you can make up! lol

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 2 of 35
Open123
Super Contributor

SPG, since I derive the most value from SPG points.  Aesthetically, I like using the AmEx iconic charge card the most.  Not the most rewarding, but still looks the best, in my view.

Message 3 of 35
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Not sure I have a favorite.  CSP is default if there are no better rewards for the given spend.

Message 4 of 35
duckster
Contributor

Chase Debit card is my favorite!

My Wallet: Lowes $17k - Cap 1 Venture $10k - Amex Costco $9500 -Barclay's Arrival $8300 - Discover $6500 - Walmart $6000 - OSUFCU $5000 - VS $750.

Scores: TU (Walmart) 727 - EQ (FICO) 697 - EX 731
Message 5 of 35
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I like using my Mix Tape Discover It...lots of people oooh and ahh since they've never seen it before.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

My USAA World Mastercard with Chip & Pin in all black is awesome for looks.
Message 7 of 35
brianjb
Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I like using my Mix Tape Discover It...lots of people oooh and ahh since they've never seen it before.

Thanks for posting this.  I didn't know that we could choose different designs for that card.

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 8 of 35
k-s
Regular Contributor

I love the look of my garnet Discover It and my BCE. Looks wise, I think those are by far the coolest, but of course my favorite card is whichever one will currently give me the highest reward rate for that particular purchase. Smiley Happy

EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 9 of 35
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

I tend to use my Amex when I want to make an impression: otherwise my default spend goes on my Freedom (effective 1.1% CB and I'm mad stockpiling UR points this year for a CSP approval next year for a 20% discount on my flight to Europe)!

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.