Did you mean: 

Fav card to pay with?

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Fav card to pay with?

@B335is wrote:

My favorite is whichever needs a minimum spend Smiley Happy

LMAO...this cracked me up!  I can identify with this more than you could ever imagine.

Message 31 of 35
samm90
New Contributor

Mine has been minimum spend meeting for the past 6 months with various cards. Currently the chase freedom. After I meet that, probably my BCE if the freedom and it don't match what I'm buying.

Might get another in 3 months if I can... I like sign up bonuses
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 32 of 35
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@mab6311 wrote:

What is your fav card to pull out of your wallet and to pay with? And why?

Since I got it recently, I have been putting everything on my Citi ThankYou Premier card...especially dining and restaurant purchases (3X points).  However, since Starbucks is a category in the 5% cashback this quarter...I have been using my Chase Freedom card for that.  

Like others have said, I use the card that yields the greatest rewards.  But in general, the two that I use the most are Freedom and ThankYou Premier.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 33 of 35
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

I tend to use my Amex when I want to make an impression: otherwise my default spend goes on my Freedom (effective 1.1% CB and I'm mad stockpiling UR points this year for a CSP approval next year for a 20% discount on my flight to Europe)!

The Amex is an impression maker for me as well. I also like to pay with my CSP when I'm out and about eating or hanging out socially.

My Kroger 123 card is my least favorite card to pay with. I hate that card.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 34 of 35
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Networth wrote:

Which ever card is giving me the most points for that purchase. I will never understand people who see CC's as "status symbols" if you need a card to feel special your obviously not... I am thinking of one acquaintance in particular. All about the points baby!

This.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.