cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Airline/Hotel brand card combo?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite Airline/Hotel brand card combo?

@takeshi74 wrote:

@icyhot wrote:
What's your favorite hotel and airline branded cards? What do you like about them?

I don't have such a combo.  I have a United card but that's because I'm in a United hub city and use them for 99% of my air travel.

@icyhot wrote:
What do you like about them?

You can't just poll others to determine what you're going to apply for.  You need to make yuor decisions based on your needs/wants.  Define that and use it to select the cards that suit you versus picking out cards and trying to justify them.

Like I told the other poster I am not asking for advice on what to apply for. I'm well aware that credit cards have to fit one's own individual needs. I was simply gauging responses from other posters, hence why I asked "what is your favorite" instead of "which is the best" or "which one should I apply for" 

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 21 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@icyhot wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@icyhot wrote:
What's your favorite hotel and airline branded cards? What do you like about them?

I don't have such a combo.  I have a United card but that's because I'm in a United hub city and use them for 99% of my air travel.

@icyhot wrote:

You can't just poll others to determine what you're going to apply for.  You need to make yuor decisions based on your needs/wants.  Define that and use it to select the cards that suit you versus picking out cards and trying to justify them.

Like I told the other poster I am not asking for advice on what to apply for. I'm well aware that credit cards have to fit one's own individual needs. I was simply gauging responses from other posters, hence why I asked "what is your favorite" instead of "which is the best" or "which one should I apply for" 

No need to be defensive.  When you start a thread, you are following myfico's terms of service that you signed up for.  Unfortunately, you do not own the thread. Smiley Wink

Folks have the right to post their view points, and that is very often Takeshi's take. Smiley Frustrated

Let's respect all postings within this topic, all are welcome to post respectfully. (Emphasis on the respectful),

Otherwise, carry on.

Signature needs updating
Message 22 of 25
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

No need to be defensive.  When you start a thread, you are following myfico's terms of service that you signed up for.  Unfortunately, you do not own the thread. Smiley Wink

Folks have the right to post their view points, and that is very often Takeshi's take. Smiley Frustrated

Let's respect all postings within this topic, all are welcome to post respectfully. (Emphasis on the respectful),

Otherwise, carry on.

Didn't intend to sound defensive, simply letting the poster know my intentions is all.

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 23 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@icyhot wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

Otherwise, carry on.

Didn't intend to sound defensive, simply letting the poster know my intentions is all.

Now, that was very polite and respectful.  If we all keep that in mind, then everything flows smoothly in myFico forums land. Heart

Signature needs updating
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my DGF's Freedom + my CSP combo. Points stack FAST and can be used with some great partners (United, British, Hyatt, Singapore). I also love love LOVE my Alaska Airlines Signature Visa. $99 companion fare really cannot be beat and I accumulate tons of miles on Alaska because of it (two first class tickets to Thailand whaaat).
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.