Not applicable

Favorite Credit card

What is your favorite CC and why?
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Favorite Credit card

So far my favorite card is WaMu since I was on the fence of fair to good credit at the time and the acrd hasn't acted like a rebuilder a all. Not stuck at whatever teir it was they thought you were at upon approval. Trust me I know since I hav had my fair share of rebuildres that do nothing in the customers favor. Great CLIs, good special financing offers, upgrade to cash back. Not saying it will ever beat the pants off my PenFed but this card has been great so far.

Wamu is the only card that I got as a rebuilder that I still have and am proud to carry. The rest have since been fired!
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

For rebuilding, I used a BofA 'Platinum' partial-secured.  It was fair, a $99 deposit got me a $500 line, they refunded it plus interest after 6 months of good behavior, then bumped it to $1000 after a year, and $2000 after about 18 months.  They treat me how I like to be treated, no sneakiness, no fees, and the web access that's tied to my regular banking business lets me stay on top of it.  Payments are as easy as transferring funds - drag and drop.

For plain old card, I've had a CapOne for about six months, and they're doing well by me.  I don't use it enough to really argue awards, but again, they have been straight forward with me to this point (but I don't give them a reason to get after me, either).
Message 3 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
What is your favorite CC and why?

I love my USAA AmEx. It's not a classic AmEx, and the nice people at AmEx regard it as not really a member of the family. But I collect 1 point for every dollar I charge, and it's taken just about everywhere. The purchases aren't limited to just plane tickets, hotel reservations, or whatever, and the redemption choices are very broad, including converting points to $$$. Without even realizing it, I accumulated 15,000 points since last December, and I just gifted them to my daughter's card so that she could buy a plane ticket to an interview. It's a credit card, rather than a charge card; there's no annual fee; the people at USAA are great; and I can do everything on their website, which is efficient and well-designed.

Great question!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 27
TKDALLSTAR
Contributor

I love my Merrill Lynch+ Visa Card. I have over 6,000 points and going.. They sent me a catalog of all sorts of things I will be able to pick from. I am holding out for a new Nikon Camera! Or plane fair Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the most is Amex gold reward plus and citi DP
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I prefer my AMEX gold reward plus.  I love the road side assistance, the points, customer service and gold offers.  Also the purchase protection is a real winner.

Message 7 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ragcajun is an expert on good cards! You should see her list. I get twitchy about the gold card, too, but I looked at the site, and I don't do any traveling to speak of. If I ever move over into consulting with lots of travel, I'll be knocking on that door.

Geaux Tigers! whew
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

you are too kind Hauling!

I defer to Brammy and the gang.  It took me a while to get the AMEX cards.

Since joining the Sleigh Center, I am craving a credit union credit card because of the huge credit lines. But I won't apply for a new card

I have canceled several starter cards such as HSBC, Orchard, Merrick and also BOA. I know I lost the available credit but I have acquired new credit lines this year and increase my AMEX limits.

In Jan 08 I will increase AMEX again when my income is higher.

I would like to have less credit cards and higher limits.  Clean up my credit reports.  I only have a few bad things from the same collection agency.  Some will age off next year and 09.  Others I have PFD.

Geaux Tigers!!!!  I just loved going to LSU! 
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Favorites:

AMEX Blue Cash: You can't beat the AMEX benefits, the information they give you on their website, the huge cash back, and customer service.

Chase Freedom Visa Signature: 3% cash back on 15 categories and several online shopping sources, such as Newegg Smiley Happy

USAA Mastercard: Low APR on both purchases and cash advances. I can transfer a cash advance directly from my credit card into my checking account with no fees at all. Therefore I can use my reward cards, and if I need to carry a balance, I can transfer funds from my USAA card to pay it off. The rewards kind of suck though.

Message Edited by sasronin on 10-07-2007 09:12 AM
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.