Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favourite Credit Card

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Favourite Credit Card

For me it'd be Discover More (and I ignored their offers back when they first came into being, thinking they weren't a "real" CC)  and NFCU so far.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 11 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex PR gold, for sure.  My Cap One cards are the cards I used to establish and build credit, and therefore have low limits and Cap One's customer service has been unimpressive.  I just applied for the Freedom though, I had been planning to for awhile and then I couldn't resist the $300 cash back offer.  I'll have to see if it can give the Amex a run for its money.

Message 12 of 57
android01
Valued Contributor

My AMEX Premier Rewards Gold, and my Ameriprise World Mastercard (25K limit and 9.24% APR if I ever have to carry a balance).

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 13 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RyVision wrote:

For me it'd be Discover More (and I ignored their offers back when they first came into being, thinking they weren't a "real" CC)  and NFCU so far.

Discover is accepted at places that are actually worth spending money at Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 57
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi Forward (5% back at restaurants and Amazon). Restaurant spending makes up about 40% of my monthly expenses and I have been getting back around $25/month on this card alone. After the intro 0% APR, it will also be my lowest card at 10.99%. You get a monthly bonus of 100 points (equal to $20 in spending) just for paying your bill on time, incredible! And the card comes with complimentary cell phone insurance as long as you pay your cell phone bill on it. I got a decent starting CL and Citi tends to soft for CLI, although I will probably just let it auto-CLI by itself.

Im assuming its categorized oddly (Amazon) to get the 5 pts/dollar/5% CB ?

Message 15 of 57
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

I dont leave home withoutmy Amex Platinum.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 16 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AF_23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi Forward (5% back at restaurants and Amazon). Restaurant spending makes up about 40% of my monthly expenses and I have been getting back around $25/month on this card alone. After the intro 0% APR, it will also be my lowest card at 10.99%. You get a monthly bonus of 100 points (equal to $20 in spending) just for paying your bill on time, incredible! And the card comes with complimentary cell phone insurance as long as you pay your cell phone bill on it. I got a decent starting CL and Citi tends to soft for CLI, although I will probably just let it auto-CLI by itself.

Amazon is classified as a bookstore by Citi so you get the 5 points/dollar for anything you buy from them. The categories on this card are not rotating so you always get 5 points/dollar for restaurants, bookstores, movies, and music. There is however an annual cap of 75000 points in the bonus categories. Everything else and spending above $15000 in the bonus categories earns only 1 point/dollar.

Message 17 of 57
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amazon is classified as a bookstore by Citi so you get the 5 points/dollar for anything you buy from them. The categories on this card are not rotating so you always get 5 points/dollar for restaurants, bookstores, movies, and music. There is however an annual cap of 75000 points in the bonus categories. Everything else and spending above $15000 in the bonus categories earns only 1 point/dollar.

A bookstore eh lol. I may app for this card in the near future. Thanks for the info. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AF_23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A bookstore eh lol. I may app for this card in the near future. Thanks for the info. Smiley Happy

No problem! I believe Amazon started out as an online bookstore and obviously they now sell anything and everything in between. Glad they never got around to changing their merchant code with Citi though!

Message 19 of 57
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I don't have just one, I have several. LOL.

My faves are my Citi AAdvantage cards (Visa/AMEX), Old Navy Card, and my new shiny AMEX Blue Cash Everyday. All cards have rewards and treat me very well. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.