Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up with Credit One...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fed up with Credit One...

I closed my Credit One card last month, I had it for almost 1 year and it served its purpose. The high APR plus $72 AF certainly qualifies as a bag of wet mice Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

The payment of 25.12 was posted today. Waiting till tomorrow "for the kill".

Message 22 of 54
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Just a heads up as I didn't see anyone mentioning it through all the Credit One Hate bandwagoning. When you change your due date in the future with any creditor; it will usually take 1-3 statements for it change. It's the norm for a lot of them. Until you see the due date change on a generated statement or your online account; you should assume that your prior due date still holds true. Remember that Credit One accrues interest from the day that a charge posts to your account as well. I think most people don't read the terms and skip right over this useful tidbit of very important information.

Credit One isn't a bad card really. They take advantage of the uneducated people that know nothing of credit cards and how they work. And by doing so it generates a lot of bad reviews which of course as you can see by their customer service number they try to avoid these people like the plague and their phone tree is easy to get them to hang up in frustration. I've got a sub-subprime thread I created with all these types of cards and actually have them all now. I'll write a review on them after maybe a year or two year period where I close them all. For now they just pad my utilization, AAoA and credit limit. I of course always PIF on these cards as soon as a charge hits.

Good luck in your credit journey though! These cards are just stepping stones to get you to higher scores with fees. So many fees. It's okay. I took one for the team here and will review them all later. Take care my friend.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 23 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erusidhion wrote:

Credit One isn't a bad card really.

A comedian, eh.

Message 24 of 54
_NERD
Established Contributor

I thought the title said Capital One. I was going to protest.

Carry on (=

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 25 of 54
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

This is how they lure a lot of unsuspecting people in. Make their logo look like capital one lol....they dangle it all up in your face till you bite. byt the time you relalize whats happened its too late.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 26 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShortBus wrote:
I thought the title said Capital One. I was going to protest.

Carry on (=

Ha ha...no way I can point a finger on Cap one.. They have not only given me unsecured cards at a time when I needed them but very prompt with CLI (my 300 became 2300). Their customer service is very good and they're not a rip off....

Can't even think of placing Cap One in the same league...

Message 27 of 54
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

I haaaate how credit one looks like Cap One.  I love cap one.  I give them so much buisness just because they built that relationship with me.  I'm forever grateful to that bank.  Credit one on the other hand almost had me applying once until I read the terms and realized that all the fees could not be a cap one card.  This of course was back when all I had with cap one was a secured card but still.  I'm glad to see you dumped them and I am sure you will be too.  I'm hopeful Cap One will go after them some day about that darn logo.

Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 28 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

Be on the lookout for another statement with trailing interest charges. Consider holding off closing the card until you get a statement showing zero balance due.

Message 29 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

Be on the lookout for another statement with trailing interest charges. Consider holding off closing the card until you get a statement showing zero balance due.

OMG - exactly what you mentioned happened !. When I logged in today, there was not only a charge of 3.56 but also a new statement was generated !

Wonder how come all of a sudden a new statement springs up with interest charges, and that too after 2 months (my last statement was June 15) !! beats me Smiley Happy

UPDATE - I tried to pay off the 3.56 but the system would not accept more than 4 payments - I'm stuck with this card for a month more now....arrrrghhhhhhh Smiley MadSmiley Mad

08/06/2015 PAYMENT LIMIT: You have reached your payment limit. Four payments have been received within a 30 day period. Thank you."

I was not aware that one cannot make more than 4 payments...
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.