Did you mean: 

Fed up with Credit One...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fed up with Credit One...

I had worse words to use but this is a public forum... Smiley Mad

Well, here is my problem:

1. Got this card in October 14, during my rebuild days. Initial limit was 300 and then increased to 500 in Mar 15.

2. Statement date is 11th of every month. However, to ease my payment dates, got the payment date changed to 1st of every month.

3. Last statement was generated in June 11th. Till now, there are no new statements. Have tried calling them thrice but they don't understand the problem !!

4. Calling Credit One is a painful process. Go through the automated system then press 0 and.....the great operator asks details from the scratch - my full card number, social, DoB, etc etc...after I pass that phase, I'm told the standard answer "you're subscribed for online statements only".

5. This happened 3 times and in the last call I lost my cool and told the cust serv agent to stop BS'ing and let me know when will my statement be generated. Was kept on hold for 15 minutes and I finally hung up.

Now, I need suggestions on:

1. Should I close the card? I'm carrying $25 balance on the 500 limit. No big deal in paying it out.

2. As this is one of my oldest cards (still 9 months old, as I've 10 month credit history), closing will impact my score? I do have another card slightly older than this.

3. Is there way, other than snail mail, to complain to Creditone on their lousy customer service?

Thanks in advance to all the contributors for helping me in my credit journey Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fed up with Credit One...

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Got this card in October 14, during my rebuild days. Initial limit was 300 and then increased to 500 in Mar 15.

2. Statement date is 11th of every month. However, to ease my payment dates, got the payment date changed to 1st of every month.

3. Last statement was generated in June 11th. Till now, there are no new statements. Have tried calling them thrice but they don't understand the problem !!

4. Calling Credit One is a painful process. Go through the automated system then press 0 and.....the great operator asks details from the scratch - my full card number, social, DoB, etc etc...after I pass that phase, I'm told the standard answer "you're subscribed for online statements only".

5. This happened 3 times and in the last call I lost my cool and told the cust serv agent to stop BS'ing and let me know when will my statement be generated. Was kept on hold for 15 minutes and I finally hung up.

1. Should I close the card? I'm carrying $25 balance on the 500 limit. No big deal in paying it out.

2. As this is one of my oldest cards (still 9 months old, as I've 10 month credit history), closing will impact my score? I do have another card slightly older than this.

3. Is there way, other than snail mail, to complain to Creditone on their lousy customer service?

Thanks in advance to all the contributors for helping me in my credit journey Smiley Happy

The best way to deal with Credit One is to close it and send the shreddings back to them on the next mailer they send.

Message 2 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't need to close the card just yet; pay it off in full and STOP using it.  

You've already paid for the full year so you might as well get a few more months juice out of it.

Make sure you have a $0 balance and close the card before your next annual fee hits.

CreditOne knows they have lousy customer service...they make it difficult for you to contact them on purpose.

10 month history is not worth keeping a predatory CreditOne with $500 limit.  You're beyond them.  Just close the card before the annual fee hits.  If you don't know when the next AF hits, just pay off the balance and then close the card.  10 months is close enough I guess.    I remember seeing something about them charging a fee if you still have a balance when you close the card so make sure your balance is $0.

Message 3 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you close it, scores willl be fine. Even with the card closed, it will still count and show on your CR for 10 yrs.

What other cards do you currently have?

Message 4 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you close it, scores willl be fine. Even with the card closed, it will still count and show on your CR for 10 yrs.

I've plenty of cards now (10 of them with a combined limit of $27K).

Message 5 of 54
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

PIF and close them for good. I made it just 15 months with them. They're the absolute worst!

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 6 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've plenty of cards now (10 of them with a combined limit of $27K).

Then why do you still have that sack of wet mice?

Message 7 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @ wet mice!

Message 8 of 54
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes close it ASAP. Account will remain on your profile for 10 years.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Love that phrase !

Decided to RIP the card..

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.