Valued Member

Fee for converting to Discover IT?

[ Edited ]

I converted from a Discover More to Discover IT on the 30th and nothing about this was mentioned and all of a sudden when I wake up today there is an emergency card replacement fee of $12 posted to my account?  Has anyone else had this happen?  Is it because they chose to rush the card for me when I didn't ask them too?  I did not ask them to rush it since the old card I still have would work fine until the replacement came.  I'm quite pissed over this because it feels its just money being thrown away for nothing because the person I spoke with did not mention anything what so ever about any sort of fee for doing it.

Starting Score: 4/26/13 EX 763 / TU 771 / EQ 758 Goal Scores: 800
Current Score: 5/22/15 EX 809 / TU 811 / EQ 794
Seedling Garden Club Member: App Free since 5/24/15. No more apps til 201?
Cap1 QS MC $2K | Discover IT $2.8K | Cap1 QS Visa $3K | Chase Amazon 4.5K | Amex BCE $10K
Super Contributor

Re: Fee for converting to Discover IT?

just call them and tell them you didn't ask for it to be rushed.

they might go over the transcripts or recording when you last called in.

and if its true they'll refund you the $12.

sometimes they don't even bother and just refund you the $12 w/o even asking any additional questions.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Established Contributor

I doubt they even argue if you just call and ask them to remove it. Discover customer service tends to be pretty great.

Valued Contributor

You should definitely contact Discover customer service about this. They will undoubtedly refund you the fee since you really shouldn't have been charged with any fees. If you prefer, you can use Discover online chat to contact customer service.
Established Contributor

They didn't charge me the fee for changing to the It card.  I would definitely give CS a call to straighten that out.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

I spoke with them and they agreed it should not been charged to me.  I was told I would be credited the amount within 72 hours.  Yay!

Cap1 QS MC $2K | Discover IT $2.8K | Cap1 QS Visa $3K | Chase Amazon 4.5K | Amex BCE $10K
Established Contributor

warofkraid wrote:

I spoke with them and they agreed it should not been charged to me.  I was told I would be credited the amount within 72 hours.  Yay!

Nice. Easy peezy

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Valued Member

and as of this morning the credit has posted.  :smileyvery-happy:

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.