Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback before my AmEx CLI request

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Feedback before my AmEx CLI request

Ok Team:

I'm eligible for a 61 day 3 x CLI request now.

Last statement posted at $864 (out of $9,500 CL). Overall UTL last month posted at 13%.

Current balance on AmEx is ~$1500. Thinking I should pay the $864 (on Friday--which is pay day) before I request CLI. That way I would have two consecutive months with over $850/mo in charges which have been PIF.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Feedback before my AmEx CLI request

Sounds good! Gl! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 9
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

What new CL are you looking for?  The automated system will only allow you to go up to $25K.  Anything above that USUALLY requires income verification through your tax forms.  At that point you need to have the income to justify the new CL.  For $25K and the automated system, if you have the income, that should be pretty easy.

But, conventional wisdom always says to ask for CLI's with a zero balance.

Good luck.  Let us know how things turn out.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 3 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@DrJim wrote:

What new CL are you looking for?  The automated system will only allow you to go up to $25K.  Anything above that USUALLY requires income verification through your tax forms.  At that point you need to have the income to justify the new CL.  For $25K and the automated system, if you have the income, that should be pretty easy.

Thanks! I'm not going to ask for the full 3 x. My goal is to get a $7,500 CLI, which will bring my card to $17,000.

Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Ok Team:

I'm eligible for a 61 day 3 x CLI request now.

Last statement posted at $864 (out of $9,500 CL). Overall UTL last month posted at 13%.

Current balance on AmEx is ~$1500. Thinking I should pay the $864 (on Friday--which is pay day) before I request CLI. That way I would have two consecutive months with over $850/mo in charges which have been PIF.

Thoughts?

I would wait until paid in full $0 balance that's just the way I do it. It does not have to be on the 61st day you can put it off and still get the CLI IMHO

Good luck should you go for it Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 9
bman86
Regular Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@DrJim wrote:

Thanks! I'm not going to ask for the full 3 x. My goal is to get a $7,500 CLI, which will bring my card to $17,000.

You should still ask for the full 25k, if you're income doesn't support it they'll come back and counter offer. No point in leaving extra money on the table.

Message 7 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Thanks! I am thinking that I will pay the $864 on Friday and then request.

I'm totally ok with statements cutting on this account and then PIF. I think that it's good for statements to cut with balances from time to time and then PIF. I think it shows healthy spending and reponsible payment history.

Message 8 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@bman86 wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@DrJim wrote:

You should still ask for the full 25k, if you're income doesn't support it they'll come back and counter offer. No point in leaving extra money on the table.

I like the way you think! No harm, no foul, right?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.