cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on Citi Balance Transfer Appreciated...

tag
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

Feedback on Citi Balance Transfer Appreciated...

A'hoy Folks!   Zod here..

Question friends.   I have a balance transfer offer from Citi that is good until August and gives me 0% APR on a balance transfer until the end of 2016.  I have a small balance on my Discover card and the interest expires in July.  I'd like to take advantage of the blanace transfer.  I was curious if anyone had any feedback on experiences with Citi's Balance Transfer offers.

The balance transfer offer is on my AAdvantage WEMC.  I know that I won't earn points on the balance transfer - that's OK as the zero percent is fine enough.   I plan to have the balance paid off by September of this year.  I just didn't want to end up paying interest on $2,500 given my Discover APR is 21.99% (ouch) starting after July.  I typically don't like to carry balances, but the flooring project warranted it and didn't want to zap out my emergency savings.

Thanks for your feedback!

Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Feedback on Citi Balance Transfer Appreciated...

@KneelBeforeZod wrote:

A'hoy Folks!   Zod here..

Question friends.   I have a balance transfer offer from Citi that is good until August and gives me 0% APR on a balance transfer until the end of 2016.  I have a small balance on my Discover card and the interest expires in July.  I'd like to take advantage of the blanace transfer.  I was curious if anyone had any feedback on experiences with Citi's Balance Transfer offers.

The balance transfer offer is on my AAdvantage WEMC.  I know that I won't earn points on the balance transfer - that's OK as the zero percent is fine enough.   I plan to have the balance paid off by September of this year.  I just didn't want to end up paying interest on $2,500 given my Discover APR is 21.99% (ouch) starting after July.  I typically don't like to carry balances, but the flooring project warranted it and didn't want to zap out my emergency savings.

Thanks for your feedback!

since you are only talking 2 months before paying it off I would probably just pay the interest on the discover becuase of the 3% you will pay to move it to citi but do the math and see if the work is worth it or if you don't think you will be able to pay it off in 2 months.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.