cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like a dummy. They really put it in perspective.

tag
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Re: Feel like a dummy. They really put it in perspective.

manwoot how do you get the list of cards down there?

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 11 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 16
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@manwoot wrote:

That's the funny/annoying thing about credit.  You have to get it when you don't need it, because when you do need it, you can't get it.

This is called planning ahead.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 16
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I agree.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 14 of 16
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Don't feel bad.  All credit analysts are sticklers, but the ones at Chase really go over your report with a fine-toothed comb, and even ask you questions about your finances in general.  Then they give their opinion, and they don't try to be nice.

It's nothing personal, it's only business.  Don't let them make you feel bad.  They're just doing their job, and it's all just numbers.

Someday when you're in better shape they'll give you credit, no questions asked.  They  put everyone under this kind of scrutiny, when you talk to an analyst, though.  It's not designed to make you feel bad, so don't let it!

Valued Member

I agree that you have to not need it to get it, but that seems counter intuitive from a business sense.  When I had debt trouble (High Util) CC companies wouldn't give me a chance  Now that I have almost no debt, they're showering me with offers and bonus points galore.  They are having to spend a lot of money to get my business that they could have had for free just a year ago...

But then again everything in the CC world is bizzaro.  I'm now considered a "deadbeat?"...  crazy! Smiley Happy

FICO '08=764
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.