Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling a Little Deflated -- AGAIN

tag
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Re: Feeling a Little Deflated -- AGAIN

Wow. Now I know why I got denied the Discover It and the "reason" was collection or major delinquencey (the status that set off last night's rant). A CA with which I was dealing demanded PIF by May 20th in exchange for removing from credit report (though it was not reporting). I complied & they reported. Those jerks! I have proof I sent payment in full by the date indicated, so should be resolvable, but looks like I'll be sitting with a collection for a couple of weeks while I unravel. Arrggghhh... I guess it's good to know that there is a reason & one that should be possible to resolve.  I have their demand letter, as well, which promises any credit implications removed ...

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 11 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@lavencedora wrote:

and quite misled by my "special offer" at Discover.

Do not rely on offers regardless of creditor.  Offers and even preapprovals never guarantee approval.

Message 12 of 14
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@lavencedora wrote:

and quite misled by my "special offer" at Discover.

Do not rely on offers regardless of creditor.  Offers and even preapprovals never guarantee approval.

Yeah, I realized it wasn't guaranteed. BUT, I thought it was highly likely based on my current report & my recent Am Ex approval. Turns out I had a big problem I was unaware of before this denial ... CA which I was dealing with AND have paid is actually reporting on my Equifax, contrary to our agreement. So, my credit report isn't where I thought it was. But, I did think the special offer gave me high chance at approval. :-/

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 13 of 14
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

@lavencedora wrote:

Wow. Now I know why I got denied the Discover It and the "reason" was collection or major delinquencey (the status that set off last night's rant). A CA with which I was dealing demanded PIF by May 20th in exchange for removing from credit report (though it was not reporting). I complied & they reported. Those jerks! I have proof I sent payment in full by the date indicated, so should be resolvable, but looks like I'll be sitting with a collection for a couple of weeks while I unravel. Arrggghhh... I guess it's good to know that there is a reason & one that should be possible to resolve.  I have their demand letter, as well, which promises any credit implications removed ...

a couple of weeks is a ton better then 7 years, i have 3 CA that refuse to PFD that are 5yrs now, almost fallen off, but refuse to delete them.... *sigh*

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.