cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fell out if the garden...into the ditch.

tag
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

Fell out if the garden...into the ditch.

Well, nobody is perfect. What can I say. I was hovering around a 740 FICO, and was consequently tempted to apply for a Citi Dividend card for the 200 dollar bonus. Long story short - apped and denied. Tried for US Bank Business cash back card while I was in the ditch (or dungeon if you prefer) and with a recon and leverage from my personal banker locally was APPROVED for a 2k credit line!!! Satisfied to accomplish one of my credit goals for 2012 with the biz card. Now back to the garden til December.
EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Fell out if the garden...into the ditch.

Congrats on your approval. Did you try to recon w/Citi? I don't know how they do w/recons, but it couldn't hurt.

I know the temptation when you see your score improve and you realize you can be approved for credit when you haven't been able to for so long! I did the same thing w/Chase last month, and fortunately was approved for $3k. But my AAoA is gonna take a hit for sure. Plus, I lost around 4 pts for the inq.

At least it's motivation to stay in the garden. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

How long have you been in the garden?  With a 740 FICO I am struggling to figure out why they would deny you.  Citi is very very INQ sensitive and that' the only thing I could think of.  Give them a call and see what they say.

Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@baronofthenorth wrote:
Well, nobody is perfect. What can I say. I was hovering around a 740 FICO, and was consequently tempted to apply for a Citi Dividend card for the 200 dollar bonus. Long story short - apped and denied. Tried for US Bank Business cash back card while I was in the ditch (or dungeon if you prefer) and with a recon and leverage from my personal banker locally was APPROVED for a 2k credit line!!! Satisfied to accomplish one of my credit goals for 2012 with the biz card. Now back to the garden til December.

Sorry to hear....Smiley Sad

Did you recon?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

citi is very stingy with recons. they yelled at me when i tried to do a recon saying how do you have lates and applying for this card... so i will never get a citi card ever

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 5 of 6
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

I did not recon with Citi because I had a paid baddie from 2 years ago that they will not overlook. It shows up on 2/3 credit bureaus, and I did not luck out with them pulling the "good" one. That's ok, I was really just after the bonus 200 bucks. Silly, but true. I already have a Chase Freedom.
EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.