Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 08 out for TU??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico 08 out for TU??

Wall Street Journal reports TU is doing FICO 08 starting today...

linkage

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico 08 out for TU??

Kudos fender for this post. This is a very good article

I, however, dont think it will be used for a while seeing how lenders are very standoffish in using a new and improve fico scoring model. 

I know here at myfico, they will not change scoring models until 50% of lenders start using the new scoring model.

It will not be for a while before we start to see the effects of fico08

Message Edited by oracles on 01-29-2009 11:52 PM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is some much that is broken in the FICO scoring model with all the new triggereing criteria creditors are trying. There is just no way FICO can be as useful in predicting risk as it was even a year ago.
Message 3 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

@oracles wrote:

It will not be for a while before we start to see the effects of fico08

LOL perhaps I allready did.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says it is going to be available, that doesn't mean they will actually use it. All the time spent on this and the article states it on increases the prediction by 15%, that isn't a whole lot in the overall outlook of things.

I also noted that businesses are complaining their scoring system isn't working and Fair Issac says it is. Funny when I started rebuilding my credit, I didn't have bad credit I just paid everything off and closed everything. I know bad, bad,bad. When I talked to lending supervisors most of them hated having to use the number they all said they liked the old way better when they actually looked at the report and made a decision based on what's actually in the report over a stupid number. My fico was low but my  credit history was fine, I eventually found a bank willing to look at the report over the number and got a loan.  

Message 5 of 7
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

oracles wrote:

I know here at myfico, they will not change scoring models until 50% of lenders start using the new scoring model.

Wouldn't it be nice if MyFICO offered the option of getting either score when we buy our score?  That would give us a chance to see how it will affect us. 

Message 6 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditnews&thread.id=3851&jump=true
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.