cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 776, small credit history. Which card to get?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Fico 776, small credit history. Which card to get?

I think you shouldn't tranfer your debt to her card IMHO Why would you want to do this? 

You should be getting your UTL down not BT's 

Is it your plan to pay her card off? If so save the BT fee and apply it to your cards.

As for her scores and profile I think she is good for several prime cards of her choice.

And she should use her cards more from now on even if its for a bottle of water

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 25
kalani91
Contributor

I probably wont BT since you guys suggest not too. I was planning on paying those quickly anyways and not really hurting her score.. but back on topic. I want to build her credit and get her a card so she can grow. Prime pre qualified sounds good, we'll check them out. THANKS for the input.

EX 724 ,NFCU Cash Rewards 7k DCU Plat 4.1k, Discover IT 2.5k Chase Freedom 2k. . Cap1 Plat $1.5k, Cap1 QS 1k, , Wells fargo 1.5k, Paypal 1.5k
Message 22 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 23 of 25
kalani91
Contributor

Just switched her old BOFA card to a new cashback one but didn't ask for CLI yet, gonna wait a few months for that. Tried to apply for discover IT and she got denied -_- interesting. 

EX 724 ,NFCU Cash Rewards 7k DCU Plat 4.1k, Discover IT 2.5k Chase Freedom 2k. . Cap1 Plat $1.5k, Cap1 QS 1k, , Wells fargo 1.5k, Paypal 1.5k
Message 24 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's really not that odd she was denied. Without any kind of pyt history a creditor has no way of knowing how she'll handle a cc. Just because she has a high FICO, theres more to an approval than cs. I'm sorry if i didn't make that clear earlier. your GF needs to show usage if she really wants to put the odds of approval in her favor. No usage in 4 years looks like a SD cc.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.