Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico for BankAmericard.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico for BankAmericard.

I noticed today that Bank of Americard is offering a Bankamericard.  I read the post through this site that spoke of this card.  Does anyone know if you need stellar credit for this card?  I have a 640 FICO and thought about applying.  It says that the interest rate ranges from 0% to approx 22%.  Depending on Credit history.  The higher interest rate leads to me to believe I might have a chance?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico for BankAmericard.

I think they'd more than likely pull EX. Since we can't pull our EX FICO, you'd have to judge how strong EX is in relation to your other two reports and FICO scores.

You may want to try the preapproval BofA link first.

When we could pull EX FICO, DW tried via the preapproval and was offered the BankAmericard with an EX FICO of approx 630.

Message 2 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Use the pre-app site here:

https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx

It is a soft pull.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit,

Great site link.  I don't know how they've got this thing set up - but it does not soft or hard pull for me.

And it did not soft pull for DH - just a hard pull when he app'd after getting a yes through the pre-approval.  So no soft pulls for either of us, and a hard pull only after you go ahead and app.

Incidentally, they did pull EQ for the hard (in Utah) and then have softed the account on both EX and TU after the account was opened, and have adjusted the account significantly based on those soft pulls.

Message 4 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It is a soft pull site. You will never get a hard by using it. (You will get a hard if you continue with an app.) If you already have accounts with BofA they have information on file for you and may not have to do a fresh soft pull at the time of your self inquiry. That could be good or bad. It leaves open the possibility that recent good information might not be considered. Results obtained at this site are stored for about 30 days - i.e. you can only obtain fresh "answers" once in 30 days.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditwherecreditisdue wrote: 
Results obtained at this site are stored for about 30 days - i.e. you can only obtain fresh "answers" once in 30 days.

Good to hear the 30 days for fresh answers tidbit.  Softpulls are a bit of a non-issue, however neither DH or I had any history with BofA, and neither of us received any softpulls from EX, EQ, or TU from our activities on this site.  Softpulls don't hurt - but this site didn't generate them for us.  I hope given BofA's recent shenanigans that OP will find other cards that fit them well.

Message 6 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

If you don't have accounts with them they are getting information to generate those answers from somewhere. Remember, just like Chase soft pulls don't always say Chase, BofA soft pulls don't always say BofA. They don't necessarily show up right away and soft pulls also tend to disappear. (That part I really don't understand.)
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link.  It said it could not give me preapproval at this time.  UGHH!  I am begining to feel that I will never get credit! 
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the link.  It said it could not give me preapproval at this time.  UGHH!  I am begining to feel that I will never get credit! 

Builder cards that I like include Orchard (I like these guys for rebuilders - they are a bank card which matters - they are easy to pay online and don't have outrageous fees), HSBC (which does Orchard but also their own), GEMB store cards (i.e. Penney's, Walmart, Dillard's, many others).  There's lots of cards you can get - don't get discouraged.  Some people recommend your local CU (ours is not helping us right now, but will next year).  I'm sure others will pipe in with cards to get at the builder (or rebuilder) stage - you actually have lots of options.

Message 9 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's going on on your CBR's? Is there anything you can work on? If could raise your score just a little (20-40 points) it would make a world of difference in what you could be approved for. Above all don't be in a rush. Better to app for the right thing at the right time that to be in a hurry.

That said have you explored your CU possibilities?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.