Reply
Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: Fico score 688

if you want members help on which cards you could possibly obtain, you're gonna have to answer the questions that have been asked about your credit profile. SCORE alone is not enough. What is your AAoA, Do you have any Revolving Accounts, do you have any installment accts, any past negative history, how old is your credit profile, what are your current limits on CC's, whats your income look like, how long on your job, etc etc. THese Questions NEED to be answered before we can offer any kind of SOLID advice.



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Established Contributor
jamie123
Posts: 879
Registered: ‎03-22-2012
0

Re: Fico score 688

Just so everyone knows....The OP is only 18 or 19 years old with 1 six month old credit card with a $500 limit.

 

The OP doesn't have any other history except for inquiries.

 

OP this is important information that you need to post if you want accurate suggestions from the forum.



Starting Score: EQ 658 6/18/12
Current Score: EQ 697 10/26/14 - EX 687 7/21/14 - TU 682 7/21/14
Goal Score: EQ 720+
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: Fico score 688


jamie123 wrote:

Just so everyone knows....The OP is only 18 or 19 years old with 1 six month old credit card with a $500 limit.

 

The OP doesn't have any other history except for inquiries.

 

OP this is important information that you need to post if you want accurate suggestions from the forum.


+1, we want to be able to give you good advice and its really hard to do just based off score alone



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
nuggets321
Posts: 344
Registered: ‎03-25-2011
0

Re: Fico score 688

Discover has a "prequalify" site that will only "softpull" you. You may think about giving that a shot. It does NOT guarantee approval, but it can be considered a good indicator. One of my employees received a "pre-approval" in the mail only to get shot down after entering her "reservation code". I love my Discover account and REALLY like being able to address issues (if they occur) with call centers that are based in the states and understand EVERYTHING I try to get across to them

TU-717 (MYFICO) EQ- 696(MYFICO) EXP 711(Amex denial letter)
My Wallet : Dicover More 10,000 CL / Amex Zync NPSL / WellsFargoRewards3800 / -CapOne 3000CL / GEMBWalMart 5000CL / Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 3000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Plat Select 3000CL / CHASE Freedom 1300CL / Lowes 10,000 CL / BBuyStoreCard 5000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 / Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto /2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 6500CL / Chase Slate$4000/BofA2500/ToyotaRewardsVisa$6500BofA$6500
Established Contributor
jamie123
Posts: 879
Registered: ‎03-22-2012
0

Re: Fico score 688

[ Edited ]

YoungJay,

 

You are in a really great spot at the moment. You will just need a bit of patience. I don't think you are where you need to be to get a prime card just yet. You just don't have enough history. It could be much worse, you could be waiting for 4 or 5 years for a baddie to fall off.

 

I really wish you would have gotten back to us about your work history and income so my suggestions would be more accurate, but I'll take a shot anyway. I will use these assumptions; you have worked at your current job for 9 months and your annual income is $19K.

 

This is what I would suggest:

 

Apply for an AMEX Zync. I think you have a good chance at getting this card. You fit the demographic that AMEX is trying to reach with this card. You have very little history but don't have any negatives. Your score is more than good enough. Work history could be a factor in being declined for this.

 

Apply for a Walmart card. You should be approved for at least a low limit card. Having less than 1 year of work history would be the only reason I could see that they decline you for this card. If you get this card you can then work it to get CLI and get your CL up to a decent level in a year. You will also get a free TU FICO score every month.

 

With your current CC and these 2 new CC reporting you will be golden in a year. You will then be able to app for and receive almost any card at that point as long as you maintain good credit behavior.



Starting Score: EQ 658 6/18/12
Current Score: EQ 697 10/26/14 - EX 687 7/21/14 - TU 682 7/21/14
Goal Score: EQ 720+
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
nuggets321
Posts: 344
Registered: ‎03-25-2011
0

Re: Fico score 688

 +  1

TU-717 (MYFICO) EQ- 696(MYFICO) EXP 711(Amex denial letter)
My Wallet : Dicover More 10,000 CL / Amex Zync NPSL / WellsFargoRewards3800 / -CapOne 3000CL / GEMBWalMart 5000CL / Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 3000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Plat Select 3000CL / CHASE Freedom 1300CL / Lowes 10,000 CL / BBuyStoreCard 5000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 / Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto /2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 6500CL / Chase Slate$4000/BofA2500/ToyotaRewardsVisa$6500BofA$6500
Established Contributor
westo12
Posts: 584
Registered: ‎07-20-2008
0

Re: Fico score 688


nuggets321 wrote:

Discover has a "prequalify" site that will only "softpull" you. You may think about giving that a shot. It does NOT guarantee approval, but it can be considered a good indicator. One of my employees received a "pre-approval" in the mail only to get shot down after entering her "reservation code". I love my Discover account and REALLY like being able to address issues (if they occur) with call centers that are based in the states and understand EVERYTHING I try to get across to them


If the Discover Card site has a "Recommended Offer" after I put in my data for the SP, does that mean I have a good chance of getting it??

2014 Starting-618, current TU621 (TU 10/20) / Ending Goal score: 720 / 30 Positive TLs / 1 Negative: Unpaid $312 med CA placed 2010 / reported Install Bal/Lim: 25027/36512 | reported Revolving Bal/Lim: 11169/27232=41%util

**IN the garden until I get some auto CLI's on major accts**
Member
Jp2slow
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎08-29-2012
0

Re: Fico score 688

They might just change interest rates or maybe give you less time at 0% . I just went thru this and I was more then happy .

Established Contributor
Jlu
Posts: 867
Registered: ‎06-12-2012
0

Re: Fico score 688


westo12 wrote:

nuggets321 wrote:

Discover has a "prequalify" site that will only "softpull" you. You may think about giving that a shot. It does NOT guarantee approval, but it can be considered a good indicator. One of my employees received a "pre-approval" in the mail only to get shot down after entering her "reservation code". I love my Discover account and REALLY like being able to address issues (if they occur) with call centers that are based in the states and understand EVERYTHING I try to get across to them


If the Discover Card site has a "Recommended Offer" after I put in my data for the SP, does that mean I have a good chance of getting it??


No it doesn't, at least not with their new system. Click on "All Offers" and see if you don't get the "No offers found" message. Lately they've redone their pre-approval site and have tricked a few of our members into applying for a card that they weren't truly pre-approved for. 

JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $15k | BofA 3-2-1 $15k | Chase Freedom $10k | Discover IT $10k | Barclaycard $15k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}