Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score from 0 to 730 in 3 months....Thank you my friends in MyFico forums

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico score from 0 to 730 in 3 months....Thank you my friends in MyFico forums

First i want say big THANK YOU to all of the members in this  forum for providing real life experience, knowledge  and advice to each other.

My mother  got her Green Card and SSN in 10/03/2011.

November i added her to my Capital One card with 13 month history and 0 Balance.....no idea if is reporting to her credit.

November i added her to my Kay Jeweler's Account 12 month history and 3 % utility.....no idea if is reporting  to her credit.

November we open Credit Builder installment secured loan in local CU.

December she applied for Capital One Newcomers credit card and received a card with 500 $ limit.

December she applied for Credit One Bank credit card and she received the card on 01/05/2012......Can we just NOT ACTIVATE IT?

December 28 she received her EQ FICO from DCU CU........693....YAY

We were trilled by the high EQ FICO and applied for Walmart Discover Credit Card.

She got email to wait 7 days for mail....We called and she got 10 min conversation with a TRANSLATOR..They approve her  for 1 000$ limit

Today the Walmart Discover was in the mail and we  enroll in online payments.....

TU FICO......730  / Walmart on 01/09/2012 /

EQ FICO.....693 / DCU on 12/28/2012 /

Can we  just shred the CREDIT ONE ?             if was not activated  in the 14 days period requested by them?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Fico score from 0 to 730 in 3 months....Thank you my friends in MyFico forums

@Anonymous wrote:

First i want say big THANK YOU to all of the members in this  forum for providing real life experience, knowledge  and advice to each other.

My mother  got her Green Card and SSN in 10/03/2011.

November i added her to my Capital One card with 13 month history and 0 Balance.....no idea if is reporting to her credit.

November i added her to my Kay Jeweler's Account 12 month history and 3 % utility.....no idea if is reporting  to her credit.

November we open Credit Builder installment secured loan in local CU.

December she applied for Capital One Newcomers credit card and received a card with 500 $ limit.

December she applied for Credit One Bank credit card and she received the card on 01/05/2012......Can we just NOT ACTIVATE IT?

December 28 she received her EQ FICO from DCU CU........693....YAY

We were trilled by the high EQ FICO and applied for Walmart Discover Credit Card.

She got email to wait 7 days for mail....We called and she got 10 min conversation with a TRANSLATOR..They approve her  for 1 000$ limit

Today the Walmart Discover was in the mail and we  enroll in online payments.....

TU FICO......730  / Walmart on 01/09/2012 /

EQ FICO.....693 / DCU on 12/28/2012 /

Can we  just shred the CREDIT ONE ?             if was not activated  in the 14 days period requested by them?

Congrats!!!

I would say call CreditOne and talk to them about closing, I will most likely report regardless of how you approach it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico score from 0 to 730 in 3 months....Thank you my friends in MyFico forums

Congratulations to your Mom! and it's sweet of you to help her Smiley Happy Btw are you and your Mom from Europe? Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes....and They Got A Translator to speak with her and the CSR as 3 way call.

Message 4 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

Great story..Congrats to your mom.

Are you in MA?

Message 5 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approvals and FICO success !!  That's great !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes....and They Got A Translator to speak with her and the CSR as 3 way call.

I call for my Mom to resolve any credit issues. Just taking a guess here....are you and your Mom from Russia?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are not from RUSSIA....

Is there extra points in FICO if we  were from there?.......lol

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We are not from RUSSIA....

Is there extra points in FICO if we  were from there?.......lol

Smiley Very Happy 

Congratulations on ALL that you've accomplished for your mother!!!  I am sure she is very proud of you.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.