Contributor
slweal87

Re: Fico score is 716.

I recently got denied for BoA Better Balance card with a score of 709 (was on the denial letter).

Immediately before I was approved for the Costco True Earnings card (my first Amex) - I applied back to back online 

A couple weeks later I was approved for the Barclaycard Arrival Mastercard (platinum version)

Go figure. I dislike BoA. I believe it's because I have some baddies on record from 6 years ago with them. But Chase forgave me much easier, I had severe overlimit and late payments from 5 years prior to getting the Chase Freedom. Although I do recall that I called for a recon for that and explained I was a poor college student before and that I had an actual income now and they approved me for something like 500$- and now I have 3 cards with Chase (though they Credit Line Decreased me for the 2 cards I had when I applied for the Chase Sapphire non-preferred)

1. WFCU Visa (2,000) 2. Chase Freedom (1,500) 3. Chase Amazon (300) 4. Chase Sapphire non-preferred (5,000) 5. Discover IT (3,500) 6. Capital One Quicksilver (3,000) 7. Citibank Dividend (4,300) 8. AMEX Costco True Earnings (5,000) 9. Barclaycard Arrival w/ AF (3,000) 10. Target REDcard (2,700) 11. Amex Blue Cash Everyday (10,000)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+