Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico scores from app spree

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Fico scores from app spree

so i just received my discover IT card from my 9/25 app spree. I noticed they put fico score they pulled. Its an ouch lol. They pulled eq score , and it was over 50 points different from the Fico score i have here oh well no wonder i didn't get the best APR in the world. Also got BCP today and they only showed me TU score even though they triple pulled ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico scores from app spree

Sorry about the less than stellar terms. But congrats on the approvals. I don't believe Amex is required to give you scores from all three bureaus they pull from.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

The followup question would be I think my less than stellar rates is due to one CO that will fall off next spring. Is it possible for them to reduce rates once that has fallen off and my scores go up an bit ?

Message 3 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

Sorry about the less than stellar terms. But congrats on the approvals. I don't believe Amex is required to give you scores from all three bureaus they pull from.

+1 correct they just show the one they based their decision on even tho they pulled all 3 CB's .......congarts on the approvals and treat both cards right and you'll be rewarded 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

well discover will only be used for online shopping if i do any this year lol. and amex is going to be on grocery shopping duty, which i already have to buy every once in an while. Maybe gasoline if for some reason i hit the limit with my amex costco card. The one thing i am happy about with amex card approval is i can back date it to 95, which hopefully will help my AAoA an lot lol

Message 5 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

well discover will only be used for online shopping if i do any this year lol. and amex is going to be on grocery shopping duty, which i already have to buy every once in an while. Maybe gasoline if for some reason i hit the limit with my amex costco card. The one thing i am happy about with amex card approval is i can back date it to 95, which hopefully will help my AAoA an lot lol

Don't forget the 3X CLI in 61 days ..........Yay

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

yes i have put an reminder in google calender for that date, in case I forget for some reason. Right now i am trying to read thru the cardmember agreement for Amex card its quite long. Is it an yes or no on ccc potentially dropping apr once my last baddie drops off?

Message 7 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

yes i have put an reminder in google calender for that date, in case I forget for some reason. Right now i am trying to read thru the cardmember agreement for Amex card its quite long. Is it an yes or no on ccc potentially dropping apr once my last baddie drops off?

Trying to get APR reductions is akin to trying to get anything worthwhile out of the Magic 8 Ball.

Some lenders may play ball but usually it's trying to put lipstick on a pig; if you're looking for a balance carrying card it's almost always in one's best interests to get a low APR card designed for that specific purpose.

It doesn't sound like either card will be used that often anyway from your description, and unless you intend to carry a balance on one or the other, the APR is irrelevant; fact is though, even the best of terms on either of those two cards is much higher than any of the low APR cards, roughly double though I haven't kept up with rates in the past few months but that's likely a reasonable estimate still.

Congrats on the excellent approvals though, those are two quality cards, the BCP being high quality in my book at that Smiley Happy.

        
Message 8 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Trying to get APR reductions is akin to trying to get anything worthwhile out of the Magic 8 Ball.

Some lenders may play ball but usually it's trying to put lipstick on a pig; if you're looking for a balance carrying card it's almost always in one's best interests to get a low APR card designed for that specific purpose.

It doesn't sound like either card will be used that often anyway from your description, and unless you intend to carry a balance on one or the other, the APR is irrelevant; fact is though, even the best of terms on either of those two cards is much higher than any of the low APR cards, roughly double though I haven't kept up with rates in the past few months but that's likely a reasonable estimate still.

Congrats on the excellent approvals though, those are two quality cards, the BCP being high quality in my book at that Smiley Happy.

Hmm that doesn't sound promising, the reason i brought it up was when i had to call back after getting 7-10 day message on my initial application, the guy told me apr was going to be 12.99 % for my amex card, so i am an bit bummed that its an bit higher than that. Oh well must have been really borderline so i can see why they didn't give me the best rate.

Message 9 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Discover would be a much better bet for getting an APR reduction on than Amex at least.  Reading through another thread here apparently some people have gotten a reduction through them, but it's not worth betting on from a financial planning perspective anyway.

        
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.