Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity AMEX

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Fidelity AMEX

So I love getting the 2% cash back..but im so sick of the design of the card..its flimsy and feels cheap and the card itself is about the ugliest design I've ever witnessed. Are there any cards that are equivalent or better that I should look into?

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Fidelity AMEX

The only other 2% cashback card is Citi DOuble Cash card.

Message 2 of 21
xgac12x
Established Contributor

@uswala wrote:

The only other 2% cashback card is Citi DOuble Cash card.

I see you have it in your sig. Do you only use that as your 2% card now? (Fidelity replacement)

Message 3 of 21
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@xgac12x wrote:

So I love getting the 2% cash back..but im so sick of the design of the card..its flimsy and feels cheap and the card itself is about the ugliest design I've ever witnessed. Are there any cards that are equivalent or better that I should look into?

The biggest thing for me is that I HATE the login. Seriously considering closing the card just because it's incredibly difficult for me to login and manage the account. I constantly get locked out and I have to call. :-/ Also, Mint isn't able to update because of that... so now that I've taken advantage of Amex Small business saturday it's either getting permanent SD status or closed.

Message 4 of 21
xgac12x
Established Contributor

What card do you usually use?

Message 5 of 21
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@xgac12x wrote:

What card do you usually use?

Who? Me? Most of my spending is category spending. Even my utilities so rarely do I have a need for 2% -- but I do have DC should I need it. Before that it was the Arrival that I used a great bit. But currently, it's the GM Buy power card since it's 5% on first 6k.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you seriously ranting about how your credit card looks like? I'm sorry but isn't the inside what counts? I personally hate those transparent Amex Blue cards (have 2 of those) but they are my best money makers. Same goes with the Fido. Couldn't care less what they look like, especially since the green dragon is quite unique in my wallet and doesn't have the same boring blueish/grayish design like everything else ;-) Other than that the aforementioned Citi DCB is the only alternative. It looks SLIGHTLY better but is just as cheap. Actually I find that a lot of the newer cards I've received lately look way cheaper than they used to a couple years ago...
Message 7 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you seriously ranting about how your credit card looks like? I'm sorry but isn't the inside what counts? I personally hate those transparent Amex Blue cards (have 2 of those) but they are my best money makers. Same goes with the Fido. Couldn't care less what they look like, especially since the green dragon is quite unique in my wallet and doesn't have the same boring blueish/grayish design like everything else ;-) Other than that the aforementioned Citi DCB is the only alternative. It looks SLIGHTLY better but is just as cheap. Actually I find that a lot of the newer cards I've received lately look way cheaper than they used to a couple years ago...

When I first found these forums I was as amazed as you that looks were given any consideration at all (wondering how many times a day people gaze lovingly at their favorite cards) but it seems fairly widespread.   I can (just) understand if you have two nearly equivalent cards, going for the one you think looks better, but until recently Fid Amex was the only real widely available 2% card, and some apparently normal people here wouldn't get it because of the color.

Kenny's concern makes more sense to me, although I haven't experienced any issues.

But if it does matter, and Double Cash meets the "I don't need to puke when I look at it" test, it is certainly a good substitute and better in many ways (MC rather thanAmex so more acceptance, lower threshold for redemption, $25 rather than $50)

Message 8 of 21
score_building
Senior Contributor

For sure to each their own, however appearance and login issues seem to be among the more "really gurl?" reasons to close a best in class no fee credit product but yeah based on other posts, closure due to cursory factors apparently not a rare approach to managing credit.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 21
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@score_building wrote:

For sure to each their own, however appearance and login issues seem to be among the more "really gurl?" reasons to close a best in class no fee credit product but yeah based on other posts, closure due to cursory factors apparently not a rare approach to managing credit.

Smiley Very Happy Each person values things differently. Makes the world go 'round. Smiley Wink To me, login issues/GUI are huge issues.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.