cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex... Any more issues than normal?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Fidelity Amex... Any more issues than normal?

I was reading reviews because I was going to possibly see if it was even a possible action to PC partners 3.2.1 Visa to Fidelity as soon as we either BT the remainder over to Navy or pay off with cash.... I have not looked at other BofA Card reviews but I have never seen so many people say there card was CONSTANTLY stolen, blocked, fraud, etc.... reading it made me feel like I was reading about a Macy's Amex account!

Anyone have the card that can confirm if it's really any different than other BofA cards and is a PC possible?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex... Any more issues than normal?

@Creditaddict wrote:

I was reading reviews because I was going to possibly see if it was even a possible action to PC partners 3.2.1 Visa to Fidelity as soon as we either BT the remainder over to Navy or pay off with cash.... I have not looked at other BofA Card reviews but I have never seen so many people say there card was CONSTANTLY stolen, blocked, fraud, etc.... reading it made me feel like I was reading about a Macy's Amex account!

Anyone have the card that can confirm if it's really any different than other BofA cards and is a PC possible?

Although I don't have the card, I witnessed the card being frozen due to it's customer visiting family in NJ. He was from California. Although I'm not sure how many times he actually used the card, I was the first one to ring him up at our store, no problem. Then not even 5 minutes later, he was at the windows department and I forgot what he was purchasing, but the "transaction not authorized" message came up on our systems. He was on the phone for about 5-10 minutes answering security questions to confirm his identity and note that he was travelling.

Not sure if calling Fidelity AMEX up to let them know you're travelling will alleviate them freezing your account, but they do take fraud seriously, it seems!

Message 2 of 3
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex... Any more issues than normal?

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Although I don't have the card, I witnessed the card being frozen due to it's customer visiting family in NJ. He was from California. Although I'm not sure how many times he actually used the card, I was the first one to ring him up at our store, no problem. Then not even 5 minutes later, he was at the windows department and I forgot what he was purchasing, but the "transaction not authorized" message came up on our systems. He was on the phone for about 5-10 minutes answering security questions to confirm his identity and note that he was travelling.

Not sure if calling Fidelity AMEX up to let them know you're travelling will alleviate them freezing your account, but they do take fraud seriously, it seems!

+1. I've read numerous people who have issued with their "extra-sensitive" fraud prevention measures. While I'm usually a fan of anti-fraud measures, it has been quite problematic for many people. It's probably the #1 drawback to this card, unless you count Amex's more limited acceptance.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.