Established Member
heehawheehaw

Fidelity Amex Green Card?

Recently, my sister got approved for an Amex Green, which also happened to be her first ever line of credit.  When she took her card out, it looked a little different from my green card, and I asked to see it.  When I looked at it, it had Fidelity Investments on it and also on the back!  But the funny thing is, she is able to pay her bill through the Amex website and earn membership rewards.  Anyone have any insight on this?

Chase Amazon [$500] Oct '08 | Macy's Store [$100] Sep '10 | Amazon Store [$2.3k] Nov '10
WF College Cash Back Visa [$600] May '11 | FIA Fidelity AMEX [$5k] Oct '12 | BCE AMEX [$3.3k] SPG AMEX [$2k] Dec '12
Chase Freedom [$1.6k] Jan '13 | Discover IT [$3.5k] Jul '13 | CSP [$5k] Oct '13 | Barclay Arrival Platinum MC [$4k] Dec '13
Last Cards on the Checklist: SF Fire Credit Union Visa and US Bank Cash+.
EQ: 705, TU (Discover+Barclay): 749, EX (CS): 779 - As of Jan '14. Its Garden Time! (12/12/13)
Valued Member
HappySoda

Re: Fidelity Amex Green Card?

Yes, it's a Fidelity Rewards Amex card and it's green.

Established Contributor
linux007969

heehawheehaw wrote:

Recently, my sister got approved for an Amex Green, which also happened to be her first ever line of credit.  When she took her card out, it looked a little different from my green card, and I asked to see it.  When I looked at it, it had Fidelity Investments on it and also on the back!  But the funny thing is, she is able to pay her bill through the Amex website and earn membership rewards.  Anyone have any insight on this?

I don't think that is actually possible as the Fidelity Amex is managed and issued by FIA Card Services (BofA) and you earn 2% cash back that's put directly into your investment account.

Discover IT TU Score: 739 as of 4/20/14 | TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 710 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 748 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 - 728
TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 705 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 721 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 -753 |

Capital One QuickSilver MC $4.5K | Amazon $1.8K (CLOSED) | Walmart $5K | Paypal SC w/Debit card $5K | BOA 123 Cash Rewards Sig $5K | BOA BBR $1K | Discover IT $8K | AMEX Sr Green Charge (NPSL) | PNC CashBuilder $1.5K | Paypal Extras MC $5k | PNC Auto Loan $20,416.07 |
Established Member
heehawheehaw

No, I mean its an American Express Green Charge card with Fidelity on the front and has the logo on the back.  To my understanding, Fidelity no longer issues these cards.  But the card was sent directly from Amex. 

Chase Amazon [$500] Oct '08 | Macy's Store [$100] Sep '10 | Amazon Store [$2.3k] Nov '10
WF College Cash Back Visa [$600] May '11 | FIA Fidelity AMEX [$5k] Oct '12 | BCE AMEX [$3.3k] SPG AMEX [$2k] Dec '12
Chase Freedom [$1.6k] Jan '13 | Discover IT [$3.5k] Jul '13 | CSP [$5k] Oct '13 | Barclay Arrival Platinum MC [$4k] Dec '13
Last Cards on the Checklist: SF Fire Credit Union Visa and US Bank Cash+.
EQ: 705, TU (Discover+Barclay): 749, EX (CS): 779 - As of Jan '14. Its Garden Time! (12/12/13)
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

heehawheehaw wrote:

No, I mean its an American Express Green Charge card with Fidelity on the front and has the logo on the back.  To my understanding, Fidelity no longer issues these cards.  But the card was sent directly from Amex. 

I think you are completely wrong about that.  I just loged on to my Fidelity Account to verify.   Fidelity Logo color is a light green not the same color as the American EXpress Green card,.  They have a AMEX and a VISA card of that color.   Both are issued by FIA services, a subsiduary of BofA.    It has been that way for years.  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+