Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex - I have to wait

tag
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex - I have to wait

I'm guessing the fact I listed only 10k liquid and had refied a car and house in the last 3 months, and acquired several new cards (including a BofA) in the last yr or two, didn't help my cause.  I don't list my wifes income, so with $86,650  yr and over 100k credit already in place, I'll be ok and understand why they would hesitate. 

Does that help you see you good fortune with BofA better, or are you still scratching your head? Smiley Happy  Congrats by the way on having several high limit cards.

I do think this is a little hint for me to garden.

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 11 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

@oscar_actuary wrote:

I guess since BofA backs this card, I won't get the AMEX automatic 3xCLI after 3 mo, or whatever it is ?

Correct. Fidelity Amex is the wrong name for this card. It's a Fidelity FIA/Fidelity BofA card, just like how you call Hilton Citi or Chase United cards.

Congratulations by the way! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@oscar_actuary wrote:

I called and was transferred to an analyst.  After confirming a few items, inlcuding a dismal liquid savings account, he noted that since I already had $25,600 from two other BofA cards, he could approve the app, only if I agreed to reduce the limit of another card.  I had not considered that as a solution so was not prepared.  I thought it through a half sec and decided to go with taking $7600 from the World Points card and create a line for the Fidelity Amex.  That'll do for now.  I was mainly applying to get a default 2% reward all the time.

I guess since BofA backs this card, I won't get the AMEX automatic 3xCLI after 3 mo, or whatever it is ?

Glad I called.  I dont' like outstanding issues.

This is good info. I have big limits with cards at BofA that I don't use that often. I will move some credit if I have to so I can have another 2% card.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 13 of 14
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@Sevenfeet wrote:
Reading all this I'm still amazed that I managed to get FIA to grant me a $20k Fidelity Amex card when I already had a $20k BofA MasterCard. But those two cards are easily two of the most used products in my wallet covering half of my annual credit card spend and easily the lion's share of individual transactions.

Is this redeemed through the investment account?  Do you get statement credits?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.