Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex + Visa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fidelity Amex + Visa?

@pdxmike wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I've made multiple posts on FNBO card NOT being geographically restricted. If you see my FNBO thread, you can see my letter say I'm from California, and I got approved for the card.

Ok, well, my last question about FNBO is, do they do automatic approvals?

Also, several sources, such as this one, say that Citizens Bank CB is limited to 1.65% if you're outside Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. That's because the extra 0.15% is dependent on depositing into Citizens Bank accounts, which are only available in those states. Is that everyone else's experience, too?

They do in fact do automatic approvals, however it is rare, unless your score is excellent...

Message 11 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

NASA FCU goes to 1.25% after the first $1000 spend, and goes to 2% after the second $1000 spend each year.

Yes, that would be my suggestion (although I guess the FNBO card currently is better( as it reaches 2% much sooner than the Fidelity Visa (although earning a little less on that first $2K)

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

NASA FCU goes to 1.25% after the first $1000 spend, and goes to 2% after the second $1000 spend each year.

Yes, that would be my suggestion (although I guess the FNBO card currently is better( as it reaches 2% much sooner than the Fidelity Visa (although earning a little less on that first $2K)

Could you explain how the FNBO earns less than Fid. Visa on the first $2k?

Message 13 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Well, it's very simple.  I used the wrong parenthesis!   I meant that the NASA card earns less on the first $2K than Fidelity (1 and 1.25% rather than 1.5%)    It should be:

Yes, that would be my suggestion (although I guess the FNBO card currently is better) as it reaches 2% much sooner than the Fidelity Visa (although earning a little less on that first $2K)

indicating I would have suggested NASA, having forgotten about the FNBO.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Well, it's very simple.  I used the wrong parenthesis!   I meant that the NASA card earns less on the first $2K than Fidelity (1 and 1.25% rather than 1.5%)    It should be:

Yes, that would be my suggestion (although I guess the FNBO card currently is better) as it reaches 2% much sooner than the Fidelity Visa (although earning a little less on that first $2K)

indicating I would have suggested NASA, having forgotten about the FNBO.

Ohh woops Smiley Tongue

Read the parenthesis in the wrong way lol

Message 15 of 23
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

Hm, according to Doctor of Credit, there are several negatives to the NASA card lately, including denials if you have too many recent inquiries or less than 24 months of credit history, approvals resulting in a lesser card than the one you applied for, and cash back only awarded annually.

Message 16 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pdxmike wrote:

Hm, according to Doctor of Credit, there are several negatives to the NASA card lately, including denials if you have too many recent inquiries or less than 24 months of credit history, approvals resulting in a lesser card than the one you applied for, and cash back only awarded annually.

Cashback annualy is certainly a negative (always been that way) but IMO much less a negative than the need to reach $15K before the Fid Visa earns 2%

Not sure which is easier, FNBO or AMex, FNBO seems to often do manual reviews.

Message 17 of 23
Involver
Valued Contributor

I've considered apping the Fidelity VISA, but for the sole purpose of combining the limit into the AMEX.  15k is much too high of a ceiling for 2% cash back when there are many superior products out there.

Message 18 of 23
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Cashback annualy is certainly a negative (always been that way) but IMO much less a negative than the need to reach $15K before the Fid Visa earns 2%

Not sure which is easier, FNBO or AMex, FNBO seems to often do manual reviews.

According to Fidelity's website, the purchase APRs for their Amex and VISA products are 13.99% V, whereas for the FNBO BucksBack card, it is 11% V.  Based on just the APR feature alone, if I were to hypothetically app (which I won't tho lol; don't want to risk AA by FNBO on my existing cards with them) for any of the 3 cards, it would inevitably be FNBO. 

Also:  when I last apped for an FNBO product in 4/2015 (for their previous 6.25% V Amex with the UL 1.5% cashback rewards feature), I was instantly approved  Smiley Happy  At the time, I had good credit -- no baddies ever, perfect payment history -- but not necessarily excellent credit per se, since I had/have somewhat high revolving balances and util.

Message 19 of 23
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

Well, maybe in 6 months Chase or PayPal will have a 2% cash back card to apply for.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.