Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex or Double Cash

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex or Double Cash

@Anonymous wrote:
and let's be reasonable. do you want a cards that has hoops to jump through (you don't seem much like you're into circus acting) or do you want a nonsense card that'll give you 2% just because they care and want you as their customer? the IDEA behind the DC is good, i just wouldn't toy with it myself.

I see your point. But, I had to go thru hell to get in with citi. Smiley Embarassed Apped last november. Declined. Waiting 8 months to get pre approval to get foot in door. don't want to get upset for a few coins. but i will add all my spend up. and demand what is mine. if that is the case

Message 21 of 38
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Approved!! 7k limit SL highest starting limit to date!

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

good job my friend. which card
Message 23 of 38
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I think it is utterly hilarious how people who don't even have the Double Cash waltz right into threads about it and immediately bring up how it is a hassle and how it arbitrarily gets low credit limits. From someone who actually has one, I have absolutely no issues getting my 2% (and from the recent thread, most cardholders don't have issues with it either). Additionally, I received a satisfactory starting limit on my Double Cash as well. There's plenty of people that get terrible limits on the Fidelity AmEx and many other cards, so it's not just the Double Cash.

Regardless, looks like the OP has made their decision and congrats on the card. 

Message 24 of 38
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
good job my friend. which card

Fidelity Amex Instant Approval for 7k

Message 25 of 38
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I wasn't too particularly fond of the Fidelity Amex not having a mobile app or any easy way to view rewards
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

it depends on how you pay, as i stated. citi is conservative, as you should know. go purchase something today and pay it right after you purchase. i promise you that you will get 1% back my friend. go ahead, test it. enjoy your night. it's obvious your head is as big as your "satisfactory limit".
Message 27 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
it depends on how you pay, as i stated. citi is conservative, as you should know. go purchase something today and pay it right after you purchase. i promise you that you will get 1% back my friend. go ahead, test it. enjoy your night. it's obvious your head is as big as your "satisfactory limit".

Now in the double cash thread, you responded to a post of someone who pays after every transaction and they do get the 2%

There is some truth in the complaint that non-users are bashing without evidence.   Basically you are saying "reviews on the internet say"  and that is a very low standard!

Message 28 of 38
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now in the double cash thread, you responded to a post of someone who pays after every transaction and they do get the 2%

There is some truth in the complaint that non-users are bashing without evidence.   Basically you are saying "reviews on the internet say"  and that is a very low standard!

On that thread it does seem like every poster said they're getting their 2% regardless of when they pay. As long as they pay in full that is.

While I don't have either of the cards stated here, Citi customer service-wise has been pretty good to me, including a very straightforward over the SM APR reduction, removing $0.50 interest when I used the card during a BT (paid the charge off immediately but maybe 2-3 days lost in posting), or crediting due 5% cashback when for some reason Avis rentals didn't code as rentals. While the Dividend doesn't have great everyday categories any more, this quarter seems good to me, and I'm thankful to Citi that they didn't just replace my Dividend card with some random cashback / thank you card. 

Given I don't have any history with Fidelity (and that I'd have to go through opening one more checking-type account, supply lots of forms and stuff, and wait for $50 increments on cashback), I'd probably go with Double Cash.

Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

what's low standard? how are your reviews on this forum ANY different? same thing dude.

there's a reason reviews exist homie. they're people's real experiences.
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.