Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex or Double Cash

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex or Double Cash

@longtimelurker wrote:

Apart from FTF (which hardly matters as you want to use a card without one), a big difference is in the minimum redeption.  Citi is $25, Fidelity is $50.    So partly depends how much non-category spend you have.   If you have a lot, it really doesn't matter, if it's smaller, you may have to wait several months before redeeming with Fidelity.

I have both, and they are fine, but they are mainly S/D for now with Discover Miles giving 3% the first year.

Really? Now I'm tempted to get it. what can you redeem it for other then for travel?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Apart from FTF (which hardly matters as you want to use a card without one), a big difference is in the minimum redeption.  Citi is $25, Fidelity is $50.    So partly depends how much non-category spend you have.   If you have a lot, it really doesn't matter, if it's smaller, you may have to wait several months before redeeming with Fidelity.

I have both, and they are fine, but they are mainly S/D for now with Discover Miles giving 3% the first year.

Really? Now I'm tempted to get it. what can you redeem it for other then for travel?

You can redeem for cash at full value.  They ACH it to my bank account.   (BTW, it's 1.5% now, 1.5% at the end of twelve months)

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking the same thing last night, OP.

Made my mind up though, and as you can see from my sig I chose the Fidelity.

A pretty lousy SL but I am only using it on things that are not covered by my other cards, which won't be a lot.

The no hassle 2% and the fact that it will actually encourage me to save my cashback is why I chose it over the Citi.

Plus, I think the DoubleCash looks horrible IMHO.

Message 13 of 38
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

You can redeem for cash at full value.  They ACH it to my bank account.   (BTW, it's 1.5% now, 1.5% at the end of twelve months)

Grrr I was going to garden after my Double cash card but decided to get the Disney card and an American eagle card. Now you are tempting me to get that card lol. Guess I'll wait with my discover it card offering double for a year. They are already offering basically 10% for the rest of the year on Amazon 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 14 of 38
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to go fidelity. I'll post back on approval or denial

Message 15 of 38
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
never had either but fidelity is no nonsense 2%, the citi has a little bit of stipulations to get the 1% as you pay. keep that in mind. do yourself the favor and look up the reviews on credit karma of the double cash. just search "double cash reviews" and credit karma has a ton. you get the most honesty out of that Smiley Happy

I wish someone would explain this to me. The nonsense i keep hearing about. just got my lowly 2k card about 2 weeks ago. since. i ran up about $400. and paid it off promptly. so currently 0 balance. are you saying i will not get my 2%. if so. why not.? i charged $400. so i expect $8.00 in rewards. sooner rather than later. Edit. This is the double cash im talking about.

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

based on MANY reviews if you pay too early you won't get it. i am no pro but that's what i have gathered. not saying you can't pay off before statement, but it seems if you charge today and pay off tomorrow you won't see the full 2%
Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

and let's be reasonable. do you want a cards that has hoops to jump through (you don't seem much like you're into circus acting) or do you want a nonsense card that'll give you 2% just because they care and want you as their customer? the IDEA behind the DC is good, i just wouldn't toy with it myself.
Message 18 of 38
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
based on MANY reviews if you pay too early you won't get it. i am no pro but that's what i have gathered. not saying you can't pay off before statement, but it seems if you charge today and pay off tomorrow you won't see the full 2%

I think they are saying you will get the other 1% the month after the statement. not right away. so instead of this statement. the next statement i should see the back half of the 1%, as long as it comes out in the wash. Other wise. i will be forced to go back to my Quicksilver. My freedom is for gas right now. But Discover is Sded. due to a BT. and i don't want any new purchases on it.

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

a non nonsense card*** sorry haha
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.