Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex

tag
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Fidelity Amex

Anyone have any stats, so to speak, information on this card, not the stuff from the site or anything like that LOL?

I will give you some info and you can give me feedback about probability of approval Smiley Very Happy.  I do realize that nothing is a sure bet and there are many factors that go into CC application consideration, but maybe some of you with the card, or having applied for the card, or just general information about the card can chime in and provide some sway in one direction or another.

650 EQ, 679 TU, 666 EX.

AAoA abobut 2 years

Approx 5% utilization across 70k in credit.

Some baddies on reports all over 6 years old, most scheduled to be off no later than Jan - Apr of next year.  Some this year

Income 45k

Recent spree a month ago so 5 or so new INQ but 5 approvals too.  EX has 6 total, TU 13 total, and EQ 9 total

Just curious as this and maybe 1 more card would "complete" everything I want for the foreseeable future.

Thanks!!

Edit - OH and if there is anything else you wanna know or need to know to give more informed information please feel free to ask Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex

I got one last month.  FICO scores in my sig (They were the same last month).  AAoA is 4 years, a CC (Cap One) collection from late 08, a GameFly collection from late 09, a medical collection in '11 and another in '13.  I have a 30 day late payment in late '09 as well. 7 INQs at the time.

When I applied for it, the website initially said I was denied, but a few days later the account appeared with a 1k CL and the card a few days after that. 

Good luck!

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 2 of 15
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

I believe Nixon recently applied with like a 670ish EX and didn't get it even sfter recon attempts.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 3 of 15
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:
I believe Nixon recently applied with like a 670ish EX and didn't get it even sfter recon attempts.

Yes, read that thread, but then I see what Craig said and am intrigued LOL.

@Anonymous - first off, grats and second you success gives me optimism and a higher willingness to take a chance.  But then I see what happened to Nixon LOL.

Anyone else with some thoughts?

Message 4 of 15
sarahlee7
New Contributor

717 clean EX, 3 INQ's in 6 mos, 2 yrs AAoA, 100k income = $3500 SL..  Lowest card of the 22 I have.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jarnog wrote:

Anyone have any stats, so to speak, information on this card, not the stuff from the site or anything like that LOL?

I will give you some info and you can give me feedback about probability of approval Smiley Very Happy.  I do realize that nothing is a sure bet and there are many factors that go into CC application consideration, but maybe some of you with the card, or having applied for the card, or just general information about the card can chime in and provide some sway in one direction or another.

650 EQ, 679 TU, 666 EX.

AAoA abobut 2 years

Approx 5% utilization across 70k in credit.

Some baddies on reports all over 6 years old, most scheduled to be off no later than Jan - Apr of next year.  Some this year

Income 45k

Recent spree a month ago so 5 or so new INQ but 5 approvals too.  EX has 6 total, TU 13 total, and EQ 9 total

Just curious as this and maybe 1 more card would "complete" everything I want for the foreseeable future.

Thanks!!

Edit - OH and if there is anything else you wanna know or need to know to give more informed information please feel free to ask Smiley Happy

For me they pulled TU when I applied. If they pull TU for you instead of EX, then you might have too many inquiries. 

Message 6 of 15
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Should I give it a go?  Considering what info I shared Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jarnog wrote:

Why this rather than Citi Double Cash (are some of your baddies with them?)

Message 8 of 15
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Jarnog wrote:

Baddies are actually all medical.

Part of the spree was the Citi AA card for the 50k for 3k spend (even though they only gave $2800 HEH)..didn't know about rocking the proverbial boat, so to speak. 

Seems the Fidelity one is highly regarded on multiple sites and boards too

I appreciate the suggestions and thoughts, I am taking them all in to make a more informed decision Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jarnog wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Jarnog wrote:

Baddies are actually all medical.

Part of the spree was the Citi AA card for the 50k for 3k spend (even though they only gave $2800 HEH)..didn't know about rocking the proverbial boat, so to speak. 

Seems the Fidelity one is highly regarded on multiple sites and boards too

I appreciate the suggestions and thoughts, I am taking them all in to make a more informed decision Smiley Very Happy

OK, that makes sense.   But I think with the advent of the Double Cash, people are less keen on the Fidelity Amex, because:

1) Amex less accepted than Mastercard (which, depending where you shop, might not be an issue)

2) Higher redemption threshold, $50 vs $25

Against that, it has a lower FTF (but many cards have none) and you get the full 2% at statement close, rather than the 1%+1%

But certainly nothing wrong with it, I have both.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.