Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Fidelity Amex

I don't use it. My main one is PRG and CSP. I am thinking to close it. The CL is 21.5k.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex

Also I am thinking to close my NFCU cashrewards with 18.5k CL.

SD or close, if it was you?
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they have AFs? If not, closing them is just not smart. SD the cards.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would you close any card that doesn't have an annual fee? 

Message 4 of 26
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The "don't close what has no AF" is too general for me. With that logic you'll keep almost every card you obtain, unless you obtain a lot of AF cards. It makes no sense.

If something is no longer useful to you, and you don't see yourself getting any use out of it in the forseeable future or ever, there is no shame in closing it. You are not obligated to keep it forever just because it doesn't cost money.

Yes you have to consider if your utilization will skyrocket by closing it, but it has no impact on AAOA, and other than util there is little reason to over worry about closing accounts. If it's not going to be useful, why keep it just to keep it? It's just one more account to worry about. Just my two cents

Message 5 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Can I have it Smiley Tongue.. Just an AU user and card will do ...  Nice no AF card with the best cashback other then DC which is the same eventually.. Doesn't compute.. I use my CSP for restaurants, but Fid Amex has places where other spend cant top 2%

Just noticed you have DC, so assume you are using that...

Message 6 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

The "don't close what has no AF" is too general for me. With that logic you'll keep almost every card you obtain, unless you obtain a lot of AF cards. It makes no sense.

If something is no longer useful to you, and you don't see yourself getting any use out of it in the forseeable future or ever, there is no shame in closing it. You are not obligated to keep it forever just because it doesn't cost money.

Yes you have to consider if your utilization will skyrocket by closing it, but it has no impact on AAOA, and other than util there is little reason to over worry about closing accounts. If it's not going to be useful, why keep it just to keep it? It's just one more account to worry about. Just my two cents

Right, so the question for the OP is why are you considering closing.   If maintianing it is too much effort and you don't need the CL, then close.   

Message 7 of 26
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

If you're okay with taking another HP I would get a Better Balance Rewards card and transfer your entire Fid Amex limit onto that before closing. Then you can set it as your gym/Netflix card and forget it.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 8 of 26
Involver
Valued Contributor

If you're cool with throwing away 40k towards your util that you have to do absolutely nothing to maintain then go for it.

Message 9 of 26
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Involver wrote:

If you're cool with throwing away 40k towards your util that you have to do absolutely nothing to maintain then go for it.

OP has plenty of cards. I seriously doubt closing one is going to cause a significant score dip. If OP had two cards, one of which was the Fidelity at 40k, I'd be more concerned. But let's not over dramatize this. It is probably totally fine to close it and any score dip will not be long lasting with the amount of cards they have (not to mention they can try to get CLIs on existing cards before closing).

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.