Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Fidelity Amex

Saw a post earlier saying it can be used to load Serve. Moreover, it's a 2% card(with a CMA account). I am interested in this and the AARP(3% restaurants) for future apps. I recently got in with BofA.

Just finished googling posts about this card and they all, more or less, agree it's elusive. The underwriting is said to be extremely strict. I opened a Fidelity account earlier in preparation to apply months from now. Maybe March of 2016 when my inquiries on EX will be like 11.

Any other tips/stories Fidelity holders can share?

I have no baddies. I'll probably have a couple hundreds in my account by the time I app.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex

I reconned mine with tons of INQs an new accounts but I had a good relationship with BofA
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 22
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Did you already have the CMA account or just credit cards with BofA?
Message 3 of 22
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Yes both
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 4 of 22
JSS3
Valued Contributor

And what are a "ton" of inquiries?
Message 5 of 22
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Like 27 on my TU

Message 6 of 22
JSS3
Valued Contributor

BoA is EX for me.
Message 7 of 22
icyhot
Valued Contributor

It's always TU for me but it's actually FIA that's pulling it so they may be different. I know they pulled TU for the app an CLI

Message 8 of 22
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Well, that would be better as I have less on there and will have way less in March. Do you have huge savings in your CMA account?
Message 9 of 22
Involver
Valued Contributor

Applied with clean reports and modest income, got them to pull TU. Account is 10 months old now CL is at 26500.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.