Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity CC?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Fidelity CC?

I did a search on the forum, but could not find any answers. What are the differences, if any, between Fidelity Investment Rewards Amex and Retirement Rewards Amex?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Fidelity CC?

There isn't really a difference; you can use either to deposit the 2% earnings into any Fidelity CMA, IRA, or 529 account according to the Fidelity website.

I guess it just depends whether you want the word retirement or investment on the card. 

Message 2 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

There isn't really a difference; you can use either to deposit the 2% earnings into any Fidelity CMA, IRA, or 529 account according to the Fidelity website.

I guess it just depends whether you want the word retirement or investment on the card. 

Thanks! Investment sounds better than Retirement to me. But if that's the case, I am not going to change it to Investment. It was weired that when I applied, I chose Investment, but after I submitted it, it showed Retirement. Also, when I called the reps, they all told me it was Investment. But on Fidelity website, it shows Retirement.

Oh well...Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I will find out it's an Investment Amex or Retirement Amex after receiving the card.

Message 4 of 9
Cstone87
New Contributor

I have the investment card and its great. you will love rhe the 2% back for every purchase. Congrats 

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 5 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

If only it looked better
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 6 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Who cares about the look? Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
doggeral

Don't get the retirement one get the investment one.   Reason is you can always deposit in retirement account, but the investment one lets you use the smart cash account and withdraw the money not tied to IRA or anything like that.   even though banks are becoming more friendly when transferring money between accounts Fidelity is still best at electronically transferring money free between multiple accounts (even though its not fast).

Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DigitalArk wrote:

Who cares about the look? Smiley Very Happy

True story, I've only been complimented ever on 3 cards: Zync (go figure, I still get comments on that "oooh the white card!" just yesterday), BCP twice, and shockingly (to me) Fidelity a handful of times.

Think it's anything people haven't seen before, the the Fidelity card isn't mass market unlike some others regardless of how fantastic it is.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.