Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Pre-approval with $100 Bonus

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Fidelity Pre-approval with $100 Bonus

Received a mailing from Fidelity on its 2% visa card. The $100 bonus seems new to me. Offter good until the end of the year. Plan to apply. This is the 2nd Fidelity card.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Fidelity Pre-approval with $100 Bonus

Interesting, didn't know you can have two fidelity cardsSmiley Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Family members. Could have more than 2. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

What's the point of two Fidelity Visa cards? It's unlimited 2% back. $100 isn't worth the HP and hit to AAOA... to me at least.

Message 4 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

What's the point of two Fidelity Visa cards? It's unlimited 2% back. $100 isn't worth the HP and hit to AAOA... to me at least.

I agree. For an app that is purely for a bonus (as otherwise, two Fidelity cards are redundant) you can do much better than $100!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did your offer explicitly state "Pre-Approved"?

I got an email for an "Exclusive Offer" with a "confirmation code" for $100 bonus ....the fine print indicated subject to approval.

I want this card...but may hold out for an actual pre-approval offer if they are being issued.

Message 6 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I agree. For an app that is purely for a bonus (as otherwise, two Fidelity cards are redundant) you can do much better than $100!

While I agree, there may be cases where it doesn't seem quite so redundant.    You get more CL for the 2% rewards and/or if the second card has a lower APR.   But if it just for the bonus, as you say, there are better options.

Message 7 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

It dpends on situation. Instead of a UA, the UA can have his/her own card and the extra bonus. CL is never a consideration. 

Message 8 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

It dpends on situation. Instead of a UA, the UA can have his/her own card and the extra bonus. CL is never a consideration. 

OK, so two cards for two people, rather than two cards for one person, which was the confusion.

Message 9 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

OK, so two cards for two people, rather than two cards for one person, which was the confusion.

Not sure if CC compnaies would be hapapy for you to open two identical brand cards. Once I openned two Chase Freedom CCs, and had another Freedom which was PC'ed from a discontinued gas CC (by Chase). 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.