Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Product Change [Finstar, please]

tag
Cstone87
New Contributor

Fidelity Product Change [Finstar, please]

Will FIA allow me to convert fidelity to merrill as one line? And keep the fidelity open date or is this far fetched and not worth asking? 

*Edited topic title so that more people will be able to answer this question for you. Smiley Wink

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finstar please

You're asking if you can product change it from the Fidelity card to the Merrill + ?

Usually BoA is great with PC's --- A FIA PC is an interesting topic. One I'm not sure we've discussed much as we usually want to PC the BoA to a FIA product. My recommendation is to call the FIA number on the back of your card and ask this question. (I know that sounds rude, but I honestly don't mean it as bluntly as the sentence sounds.) It's just literally the best way to find out if they'll do it.

I say that because I've never heard of BoA giving out erroneous info other than saying they'll PC a card to a FIA product. (That's never been possible after the time period of pending.. they'll create the PC request and then eventually it will be closed, because they just don't do those PCs.) With that's said -- again, not much has been said of FIA product changes. I look forward to hearing what comes of this.
Message 2 of 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Fidelity Product Change [Finstar, please]

If you want a personal reply. I suggest sending Finstar a personal message.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finstar please

@Kenny wrote:
You're asking if you can product change it from the Fidelity card to the Merrill + ?

Usually BoA is great with PC's --- A FIA PC is an interesting topic. One I'm not sure we've discussed much as we usually want to PC the BoA to a FIA product. My recommendation is to call the FIA number on the back of your card and ask this question. (I know that sounds rude, but I honestly don't mean it as bluntly as the sentence sounds.) It's just literally the best way to find out if they'll do it.

I say that because I've never heard of BoA giving out erroneous info other than saying they'll PC a card to a FIA product. (That's never been possible after the time period of pending.. they'll create the PC request and then eventually it will be closed, because they just don't do those PCs.) With that's said -- again, not much has been said of FIA product changes. I look forward to hearing what comes of this.

IMO, I would say anything is possible.  BofA/FIA's product conversion policy fluctuates from time to time so it is likely worth a call to the U/W folks if the front line CSRs may not be able to provide a viable answer or successfully perform the PC.  A while back it wasn't possible to PC from Merrill+ to Fidelity and/or viceversa but this rested on the premise on the network type (Visa vs AMEX) and the product code.  However, it has been known that if you get the right person and have a decent amount parked with BofA (Platinum/Privileges), Merrill Edge or Fidelity, then anything is possible but my suggestion as Kenny mentioned is to give them a call first.  One thing to keep in mind, if a remote possibility exists that they are willing to PC, then it's also possible to incur a HP (maybe) but YEMV.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.