Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Retirement Rewards Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fidelity Retirement Rewards Amex?

Anybody have this? Looks like a complete 2% back across the board (into an IRA - 529 or retirement), with no AF... Sounds like a really solid, long-term card.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Fidelity Retirement Rewards Amex?

I have the Fidelity Investment Rewards American Express card but they are the same thing as you can deposit rewards into any Fidelity account. Just incase you did not see it, it is only two percent if you deposit into a Fidelity account. Otherwise it varies, until you get to 25000 points.

Message 2 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fidelity Retirement Rewards Amex? required to open one?

2% of my spending into my retirement account sounds like a good deal. Do you have to have a fidelity account? If so what's the minimum balance
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

So I was reading and Roth IRAs are eligible. Is this a revolver? Does it backdate like real amexes?
FICO 9:

Message 4 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
2% of my spending into my retirement account sounds like a good deal. Do you have to have a fidelity account? If so what's the minimum balance

I have the Fidelity Cash Management account which is free with no minimum balance. It also has free cheques, no atm fees, bill pay, and other features. I got it just for the card. You do not have to have a Fidelity account, but if you do not you have to spend 12500(25000 points) to be able to redeem for the full 2%. With a Fidelity account you get the full 2% reward no matter what. Here is the complete list of fees for Fidelity: https://www.fidelity.com/welcome/pricing-fees

It is a revolver, the rate is 13.99 for everyone and no it will not backdate. It is issued by FIA Card Services so American Express has nothing do do with it other than it being processed on their network.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:
So I was reading and Roth IRAs are eligible. Is this a revolver? Does it backdate like real amexes?
I don't know about Roth. But it is a revolver however it's not underwritten by Amex, it's just on their network. So no backdating.
Message 6 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Awe ok that stinks I don't want to add a new account for at least 3 yrs and would prefer a backdated account at that time. Ill just keep redeeming my nfcu cash into my kids savings account.
FICO 9:

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it sounds like a candidate for my next "long-term" card, but I won't be applying until Q4 or next year. I'll let you all know how it goes, thanks for the feedback!

Message 8 of 13
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Ive had this card since december of 2011, its pretty good ive already redeemed $50, i have a roth ira and a cash management account and I deposit the rewards into the cash management account for the 2% redemption with no fees. You have to have a minimum of 5,000 points or $50 equivalent to redeem. I was only approved for $1,000 though not very much its because I have a BOA cash rewards card of $2,000 and that accounts into FIA card services maximum risk for me for $3,000 total.

amazon
Message 9 of 13
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Does anyone know if this account is part of the FIA accounts sold to US BankCorp by BofA?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.