cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Rewards Visa - Anyone Apply?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Fidelity Rewards Visa - Anyone Apply?

@Discover2016 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@sr383 wrote:

Seems easiest to just open a CMA, since it's free.

True, but I think (?) I recall someone saying to open a CMA required a HP... if I could use the already established brokerage account the same way there wouldn't be a need for the CMA (thus, the extra HP).  Smiley Wink

I would have to research it some more... I'm not ready to app now in any case - I'm still in 'explorer' mode.  Smiley Very Happy

I opened a CMA a few months ago, no HP.

This is good to know... if there's no HP the CMA definitely seems like the better option.  Smiley Wink

I may have confused Fidelity with Schwab... is it Schwab that does a HP to open an account?  In any case it sounds like we're good with Fidelity.  Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep. 2 best choices for fee-free int'l atm cards. and the Fidelity CMA is the one with SP only. Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account is HP. can't go wrong with either one of them for that purpose but i'd rather not get HP. =p 

Message 32 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked, Elan pulled EQ for me here in Tx
Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I had at least 10 inq at time of application and score is about right in my siggy ...either right at 699 but no more than 705 at time of app for that bureau
Message 34 of 51
12njoy
Super Contributor

I applied a few days ago and surprisingly didn't get instantly denied like usual with US Bank.  Called them up and they said application was flagged for manual review due to 14 inq in the last 8 months.  Don't know where that number came from as I had way more than that.  Long story short, application denied due to inquiries.  Pulled TU

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 35 of 51
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yep. 2 best choices for fee-free int'l atm cards. and the Fidelity CMA is the one with SP only. Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account is HP. can't go wrong with either one of them for that purpose but i'd rather not get HP. =p 

Good information - thanks.  This card is on my wish list for an app spree two years from now...

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 36 of 51
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Applied using a targeted mail offer. Pulled TU, NY here and had 12 inquiries. Score was probably 688. Approved for $7800 but not instantly

Message 37 of 51
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear 12njoy. I called after my app and he said denied. I asked the CSR to resubmit for another review. It's been two weeks and haven't heard a thing.
Message 38 of 51
12njoy
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Sorry to hear 12njoy. I called after my app and he said denied. I asked the CSR to resubmit for another review. It's been two weeks and haven't heard a thing.

Just called UW to ask for recon.  Now I was told that my app was declined due to 7 new accounts in the last 6 months and then she said you've opened 18 in the last year.  Understandable.  She said wait 6-9 months and reapply.  That's 6-9 months without app's so we know that won't be happening Smiley Wink  On a side note, I was approved for the WF Propel card with 15 months 0%.  Only a $3,000 approval but I'll move a portion of $37,500 WF Platinum card over to take advantage of the 0% BT.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 39 of 51
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Just called UW to ask for recon.  Now I was told that my app was declined due to 7 new accounts in the last 6 months and then she said you've opened 18 in the last year.  Understandable.  She said wait 6-9 months and reapply.  That's 6-9 months without app's so we know that won't be happening Smiley Wink  On a side note, I was approved for the WF Propel card with 15 months 0%.  Only a $3,000 approval but I'll move a portion of $37,500 WF Platinum card over to take advantage of the 0% BT.

If I remember correctly I had like 21 new accounts in the last year when I was approved. I think that targeted offer is most likely what got me in with them...

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.