Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Visa Signature

tag
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fidelity Visa Signature

THanks! Definitely looking into it!

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 11 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

I think they SP your EX if I am not wrong.

@lexie and dodgers, so which version are u guys going for?

The features are nice, but the card design is a bit too much for me personally lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 23
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Also, The Fidelity Amex has purchase protection , return protection and extended warranty like real Amex, buy underwritten by different insurance company. I'm not sure whether Visa version has this bonus. I'll call on Monday to figure it out.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 13 of 23
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I think they SP your EX if I am not wrong.

@Anonymous and dodgers, so which version are u guys going for?

The features are nice, but the card design is a bit too much for me personally lol

haha...yeah, i dont like the card desing and color of the cards at all but like the rewards and it will suit well for my investment accounts that i just opened. Im still debating but i am leaning towards the siggy card.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 14 of 23
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

Also, The Fidelity Amex has purchase protection , return protection and extended warranty like real Amex, buy underwritten by different insurance company. I'm not sure whether Visa version has this bonus. I'll call on Monday to figure it out.

darn, another good point and feature w2003!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 15 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

The visa signature version should come witth those benefits as well and it is most likely underwritten by the same company for the Fidelity Amex. You can call in to verify.

Anyhow, my advice is don't depend on all these protection / extended warranty because it is written by another insurance company. Even for Chase Sapphire Preferred, most people have experienced nothing but frustration when trying to file claims for purchase protection or extended warranty. You are usually going to be dealing with a third party insurance company. So far the only company that has generally positive reviews with regards to those features is American Express.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

I was thinking about the Visa Siggy. Still pondering it though. Smiley Frustrated
Message 17 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@enharu

I was thinking about the Visa Siggy. Still pondering it though. Smiley Frustrated

I am somewhat surprised by this, unless most places you shop don't take Amex.   One gives 2%, the other 1.5 up to a cap. 

I can certainly see getting both (I currently use the Cap One Cash Rewards card as a back up for when the Amex doesn't work, but as the OP says, you have to wait to get the extra 0.5).  But for just one, unless enough of your stores are not Amex friendly, why not get the one that gives the higher reward?

Message 18 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@longtimelurker

Don't be confused. I understand the % difference and although the majority of places I frequent accept Amex- I'd rather use my Amex for the MR points at those places. Since, I currently do not have a Visa Siggy it would be nice to have one in my wallet. Currently, my CU does not offer siggy s and my other Visas are less than 12 mos old for most PCs
Message 19 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@longtimelurker

Don't be confused. I understand the % difference and although the majority of places I frequent accept Amex- I'd rather use my Amex for the MR points at those places. Since, I currently do not have a Visa Siggy it would be nice to have one in my wallet. Currently, my CU does not offer siggy s and my other Visas are less than 12 mos old for most PCs

OK, that makes sense, although personally I might choose a different VS depending on my spend and other cards.  But for general cash back, this is probably the best VS now that Priceline has gone to 1%

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.