Did you mean: 

Fidelity Visa Signature??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fidelity Visa Signature??

Here is an excerpt from my thread about my history of approvals:

@Anonymous wrote:
Same day, applied for Fidelity Visa Signature. Instant approval $12,000 SL. Have had a Fidelity account (IRA) 1 month. $5,500 in it. This application asks for TONS of info. Time at current address, assets, etc. Received card after 7 days. Pulled TU.

Full post here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/My-approval-data-to-help-the-community/td-p/4492879

$50,000 income. CK FAKO TU 749, Discover TU FICO 746 at time of application. They pulled TU only. I'm in Pennsylvania.

I'm happy with the card so far. Called CS to ask some questions relating to terms and benefits and the rep was native English speaking, friendly, and knew what she was talking about. No hold either. Website is pretty slick. It shows in your Fidelity account with a summary and if you need to access the Elan based Fidelity Visa website single sign on is used so you don't need to create a separate login.

Message 11 of 43
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

I guess I have a while to go.. lol. I'm getting there and just under the 700 club but thank you for the info! Smiley Happy I've had a fidelity account for 2.5 years now just deposit a smaller amount each check than I should so this defanitly is a card I want, I've wanted it for a while but I don't feel like I can qualify for it..!
Message 12 of 43
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Same here, I'm in with US Bank Platinum, personal Checking & Savings , Business checking and so but I'll wait for my scores to get into the 720's before attempting on this card.
Message 13 of 43
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I'm not entirely sure if or how existing Fidelity retirement accounts are factored into the underwriting for the Visa Signature. I didn't have anything with Fidelity (my retirements are with other institutions) prior to applying for the card, and I received an instant approval with around a 770 TU. Honestly, I wasn't really interested in the card when it was on the AmEx network, as I had a specific purpose in mind that would have been hampered. With it now being on Visa, it greatly improves the usability, desirability, and overall usefulness of the card, in my opinion. I went for the new product on the day it went live. 

Best of luck when you decide to apply.

Message 14 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well EX pull for me and Im in Tx ... 696-699 was my score, I do have 401k with them and prior to applying (like a week) opened a CMA account with them (basically a chkng acct) and moved 2500 for deposit .. applied, got 7-10 day msg .. 3days later logged in and showed I had a Fidelity Visa with a 9k CL ...
Message 15 of 43
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread has 'piqued' my interest in this card once again.  I had a Fidelity account years ago through a previous employer, and I rolled the account into an IRA before I eventually withdrew all the funds (a terrible thing to do, but times were really hard). The withdrawal was approx. 10 years ago.

Just for 'giggles' I tried to log in just now, and after a password reset I was in... and my account has a balance of exactly 0.02, but it's still there.  I'm not sure what type of account it is classified as, but there was a transfer option there (assuming there was somewhere else to transfer to) so I think this might (?) be a sufficient relationship for the Fidelity Visa card (by that I mean without a credit pull to open an additional deposit/cash account).

My credit score is hovering around 720, so I'm not going to be comfortable seriously looking at this for a while yet, but they are back on my 'radar', so to speak.  Some folks have mentioned that Fidelity assets might play a part in approvals... while I'm clearly lacking in that department, if they were to look at longevity I would do well, since my relationship with them goes back to the early 90s. 

Oh well... a guy can dream, right?

For the interim, if I decide to go for a 2% card I should probably stick to Blispay, which I'm also "intrigued" with at the moment.  My chances of getting 'shot down' should be quite a bit less for that one.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 43
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

This thread has 'piqued' my interest in this card once again.  I had a Fidelity account years ago through a previous employer, and I rolled the account into an IRA before I eventually withdrew all the funds (a terrible thing to do, but times were really hard). The withdrawal was approx. 10 years ago.

Just for 'giggles' I tried to log in just now, and after a password reset I was in... and my account has a balance of exactly 0.02, but it's still there.  I'm not sure what type of account it is classified as, but there was a transfer option there (assuming there was somewhere else to transfer to) so I think this might (?) be a sufficient relationship for the Fidelity Visa card (by that I mean without a credit pull to open an additional deposit/cash account).

My credit score is hovering around 720, so I'm not going to be comfortable seriously looking at this for a while yet, but they are back on my 'radar', so to speak.  Some folks have mentioned that Fidelity assets might play a part in approvals... while I'm clearly lacking in that department, if they were to look at longevity I would do well, since my relationship with them goes back to the early 90s. 

Oh well... a guy can dream, right?

For the interim, if I decide to go for a 2% card I should probably stick to Blispay, which I'm also "intrigued" with at the moment.  My chances of getting 'shot down' should be quite a bit less for that one.  Smiley Very Happy

I did decide to pickup a Blispay card myself, and it does appear to be the case that Blispay is a much easier alternative for applicants to acquire than the Fidelity Visa Signature or even the Citi Double Cash. I have to give the Fidelity card credit though, it gives the impression of being a much more solid product than what Blispay is offering. I fully expect some "changes" down the road for Blispay, so I have kept that possibility in the back of my mind. The Fidelity Visa Signature has longevity (in my opinion), so it will no doubt be in my wallet much longer than many of my other cards. For this reason, I didn't mind at all that the card had no sign up bonus. 

As for your Fidelity account, I wish I knew the answer for you, UncleB. I do kinda suspect that it would have a greater impact if Fidelity themselves were underwriting the card, but that's sadly not the case. 

Best of luck if you decide to apply for either card! 

Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB actually I think Fidelity takes into consideration your longevity as well ..Ive seen people approved with no relationship and most get the 7-10 day message that do have any type of connection with Fidelity,.like you my longevity was about 15 years going back to 2000 when I began work, my new deposit account was recent and rather mediocre to factor any real weight in their decision ... also my scores were lower than yours barely tippin into the 700s ... i actually think you have great odds ... as far as Fidelity or Blispay guess thats your call too and I too have both ... like the poster above not real certain how long Blispay will last whereas we all kno Fidelity will be around ... as far as prestige. . I think we kno that answer too ... Good luck!!
Message 18 of 43
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
@UncleB actually I think Fidelity takes into consideration your longevity as well ..Ive seen people approved with no relationship and most get the 7-10 day message that do have any type of connection with Fidelity,.like you my longevity was about 15 years going back to 2000 when I began work, my new deposit account was recent and rather mediocre to factor any real weight in their decision ... also my scores were lower than yours barely tippin into the 700s ... i actually think you have great odds ... as far as Fidelity or Blispay guess thats your call too and I too have both ... like the poster above not real certain how long Blispay will last whereas we all kno Fidelity will be around ... as far as prestige. . I think we kno that answer too ... Good luck!!

Thanks so much for the data point!

I've got one 'baddie' lingering for another month or so, and after it ages off I should be in decent shape to consider some cards that have up until now been out of reach. 

I'll definitely give the Fidelity Visa another look... I'm counting down the weeks now!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 43
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

There's not a lot of people who have the Fidelity Visa Signature on here. I have been one of the few who have provided info to those who have asked in prior threads. Since your inquiry specifies scores, I would suggest 700+ and strongly recommend 720+. It's not easy for many people to qualify for 14.24% on a rewards card with a range of possible rates from other banks. With this card, you have to qualify for its single rate of 14.24% or you receive nothing, which is why it's a tough approval for many applicants, not to mention the card's minimum starting limit for Visa Signature. For me, as with all U.S. Bank/Elan applications, they've only been interested in my TU report.

Ya i just got my card on Saturday......

Credit Limit $4,700

Visa Signature

APR: 14.24%

Credit Score 738

I had no prior relationship with Fidelity...... I simply opened a CMA account and then went for the Credit Card...... and i don't even have money in my CMA yet either!

Almost thought i wouldn't get it because it said they could change their minds...... but looks like they didn't have to! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.