Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity amex?

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Fidelity amex?

this thread is making it very tempting to app for fidelity amex card :-( I want to try and be good and wait till july or august to apply so some of my hp from last year will have reached the one year anniversary. The plan was wait till july or aug and try and go for sallie mae and fidelity amex , then i would be done apping for an long long time 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 28
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Who do they pull for HP?  EX like regular AMEX?  Seems like a pretty good offer, but have heard complaints of difficulty PIF and transferring points.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 12 of 28
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:
Anybody get the fidelity amex without having any investment with them? I really want it because I intend on starting a IRA with them but not at this moment

yes they will open the account for you or you can just open the cash something rather investment account first online in minutes and then give that account number on app so it's linked automatically...

I feel like the apps get manual reviews... just get the number on the backdoor thread and call during business hours after applying and you can get instant decision Smiley Happy

Can I appy for the card fisrt before openning the CMA? Just make sure I don't waste time openning CMA if I was denied for the card.

Message 13 of 28
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Not to hijack, but curious how that works?

CMA is just like a checking account.  

You have mobile deposits, bill pay, checks and a debit card you can use for either purchases or at the ATM to withdrawal cash.  It's 100% to open, no maintenance fees, deposit requirements or silly little widgets like a DD per month or "X" debit purchases.

On your Fid Amex issued from FIA, BofA awards 1 world point per purchase while Fidelity matches an addition one when deposited into the Fid CMA account, making it a 2% cashback card when redeemed at minimum of 5,000 points.

If you use the points without the CMA, then "normal" BofA world points values apply, which isn't very compelling.

I remember it says 2500 points to redeem...

Message 14 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@vwgrrc wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:
Anybody get the fidelity amex without having any investment with them? I really want it because I intend on starting a IRA with them but not at this moment

yes they will open the account for you or you can just open the cash something rather investment account first online in minutes and then give that account number on app so it's linked automatically...

I feel like the apps get manual reviews... just get the number on the backdoor thread and call during business hours after applying and you can get instant decision Smiley Happy

Can I appy for the card fisrt before openning the CMA? Just make sure I don't waste time openning CMA if I was denied for the card.

Yes, you can apply for the card first.  Opening the CMA takes less than 5 min

Message 15 of 28
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@vwgrrc wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:

Yes, you can apply for the card first.  Opening the CMA takes less than 5 min

Great. It sounds like a strong rewards card! Is it easy and free to withdraw from CMA to other banks? 

I guess the only downside about this card is it requires $50 to redeemSmiley Surprised

Message 16 of 28
MeridianRN
Established Member

How long does it usually take to receive this card after being approved?

Discover IT:$20,000 (4/13) | Chase United Mileage Explorer: $18,000 (4/14) | Amex BCE:$15,000 (4/13) | Amex Everyday:$15,000 (3/14) | PenFed: $ 12,000 (8/16) | Barclaycard:$11,500 (9/14) | Fidelity Amex:$8,100 (3/14) | Freedom Unlimited:$8,000 (10/13) | Citi Double Cash: $10,100 (11/15)
Message 17 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@vwgrrc wrote:

Great. It sounds like a strong rewards card! Is it easy and free to withdraw from CMA to other banks? 

I guess the only downside about this card is it requires $50 to redeemSmiley Surprised

It's very easy to withdraw, simple ACH process.   Yes, $50 is not so nice, but I can live with that.   I have the same thing with my BCE, I have $24.49 in rewards, which I can't redeem until I have $25, and I no longer use the card.   (So today I made a purchase just for that)

Message 18 of 28
Involver
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Not to hijack, but curious how that works?

CMA is just like a checking account.  

You have mobile deposits, bill pay, checks and a debit card you can use for either purchases or at the ATM to withdrawal cash.  It's 100% to open, no maintenance fees, deposit requirements or silly little widgets like a DD per month or "X" debit purchases.

On your Fid Amex issued from FIA, BofA awards 1 world point per purchase while Fidelity matches an addition one when deposited into the Fid CMA account, making it a 2% cashback card when redeemed at minimum of 5,000 points.

If you use the points without the CMA, then "normal" BofA world points values apply, which isn't very compelling.

I need to stop reading this board.  Posts like this make this sound too tempting to open lol.

Message 19 of 28
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

this thread is making it very tempting to app for fidelity amex card :-( I want to try and be good and wait till july or august to apply so some of my hp from last year will have reached the one year anniversary. The plan was wait till july or aug and try and go for sallie mae and fidelity amex , then i would be done apping for an long long time 

I am in the same boat as you. Sallie Mae and Fidelity Amex are the last two I intend to app for but I want to wait until the end of Jan for HPs to be a year old. Not easy waiting.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.