cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Bank credit cards info, anyone else have any of their cards?

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Fifth Third Bank credit cards info, anyone else have any of their cards?

I am sure there are others out there with 5/3 cards, but it's one of those banks that not too many people post about.

I can totally understand why, no signup bonus, no instant approval, antiquated processes, horrible website, payment methods, mobile app, etc.

But, I do have two World MasterCard’s with them (cash rewards/ real like rewards) and they gave me nice starting lines/ terms and I honestly have had no problems with their cards. I am actually putting to use all of the bank of america checks I have by sending 53 two checks a month lol. 

they constantly send me 0% offers in the mail and recently have been sending me offers for 5000 to 10000 bonus points for spending more on the card. 

has anyone had good experiences long term with 53?

And of course I am interested to know if their phone system credit limit increase is hard or soft? I noticed it said something like press 7 to apply for a limit increase? but sounded like it was then going to transfer to a live representative. After doing some deep Google searches I found vague answer of yes, it is a hard pull. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Fifth Third Bank credit cards info, anyone else have any of their cards?

I haven't personally dealt with them, but my mother had the Platinum MasterCard with them. Admittedly, she did have quite a balance on it (but it was within the 0% period) and they balance chased her until she paid it off, so the card always reported as nearly maxed out. The customer representatives were rude and unhelpful. I can't speak to the value of their rewards nor their application process, but I would tell you to be aware that if you run into problems with your account, you're unlikely to get help.

Message 2 of 5
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I received a pre approved mailer last September for their platinum mastercard.. 0% interest for 15 months and after much debate I I applied.  I actually received instant approval for $10K.

I don't keep a balance on it and tend to pay it off right before the statement cuts. 

If their CC customer service is anything like their banking customer service, I would have to agree that they aren't going to be much help... getting you in is their goal, then they want you to have everything through them.  Their antiquated payment process of only being able to pay from a 5/3 checking or savings, push from your bank or mail a payment is honestly so 1990's.

I won't even try for a CLI request because to me its not worth the pull.  If they auto increase down the road, I'll be happy, but I'm also fine with just staying at $10k.

Message 3 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I got the 5/3 Stand Up 2 Cancer card last year. I forgot who the even pulled. It was I stand $5500 limit. No other relationship. I don't use it much, just an occasional haircut. I don't know how they are with CLI but they told me its a HP. They send BT offers once in awhile. They're similar to PNC Bank.
Message 4 of 5
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I was turned down a couple of months ago by fifth third. I read they pulled TU, but they took EX instead.

i was just approved for an EECU card and noticed that it was underwritten by 5/3. 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.