Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Responsible Mastercard ?

tag
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Fifth Third Responsible Mastercard ?

Anyone familar with this credit product?  Another fico site suggests a minimum score of 670.  I am planning to ditch my CapOne card in 2013 if possible.  I like the no fee part of the Responsible Mastercard.   I am researching cards that  offer a healthy CLI once the account is established.  Obviously, with my CapOne, that has not been the case.  Anyone have experience with this card?  I have successfully replaced the now defunct Orchard Bank Card with a Giant Eagle FuelPerks Card and will get gas discounts which is nice.  Now, I am grooming my file to get out of CapOne land.   Thanks to anyone that replies.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fifth Third Responsible Mastercard ?

They look like a pretty conservative lender based on the limited approval data I can find, and Cap One is now offering CLI's to a lot of people.

I wouldn't make any hasty decisions in your case; there's a lot of no-fee products out there on the market, but for anyone to give other suggestions it'd help to know what fees you were trying to avoid.  There's a lot to be said for a wait and see approach right now, especially as all the lenders appear to be coming down to us in the subprime world rather than the other way around.  Non-zero chance come January we can get a Freedom at a 600-610 credit score (note, I don't know if that's really all that likely with Chase in particular it is just an example of how the market continues to change), all the banks look a lot healthier after this month from a financial perspective on their balance sheets as the reams of mortgage resets and writedowns appear to be near ending.

        
Message 2 of 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

They look like a pretty conservative lender based on the limited approval data I can find, and Cap One is now offering CLI's to a lot of people.

I wouldn't make any hasty decisions in your case; there's a lot of no-fee products out there on the market, but for anyone to give other suggestions it'd help to know what fees you were trying to avoid.  There's a lot to be said for a wait and see approach right now, especially as all the lenders appear to be coming down to us in the subprime world rather than the other way around.  Non-zero chance come January we can get a Freedom at a 600-610 credit score (note, I don't know if that's really all that likely with Chase in particular it is just an example of how the market continues to change), all the banks look a lot healthier after this month from a financial perspective on their balance sheets as the reams of mortgage resets and writedowns appear to be near ending.

Was just checking out their website. The "Duo" card is kind of interesting. It accesses both your checking account and credit card account and you can use it as either Smiley Very Happy Similar to how you can use a debit card for "credit" or "debit" except this card actually is a line of credit. 

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

Was just checking out their website. The "Duo" card is kind of interesting. It accesses both your checking account and credit card account and you can use it as either Smiley Very Happy Similar to how you can use a debit card for "credit" or "debit" except this card actually is a line of credit. 

Other than the giggles factor of a unique product, I'm not sure why I'd want this product: part of the perks of a credit card is if it gets stolen, there's an extra step before I'm out any actual cash on a fraudulent transaction.

Also I'm not really in the habit of either maxxing my card necessitating the overflow feature (presumably I haven't looked at it) nor in the habit of ever using a debit card unless I get laughably desperate since I got access to credit card products... must show moar spend! Smiley Happy

Is there something I'm missing on this one?

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.